• The KillerFrogs

What Are Our Bowl Scenarios?

TCUdirtbag said:

Would be a fun matchup.  

FWIW, AP and Coaches are only ones that do postseason polls/rankings.  We may be back in the 10-12 range in those before the bowl.  Win our bowl and we have a shot at a top 10 finish.  

Oregon would make for good TV ratings and a nice little recruiting boost. 

Alamo is on a Saturday, (Jan. 2) too.  TCU would travel very well. 

We would have sold our souls for a matchup like that just a few short years ago.  For a non-NY6 game, I don't think it could be any better than this.  If we can't get that last at-large NY6 spot, then I hope its the Alamo vs. Oregon.  Not a bad consolation prize at all.

Pharm Frog

TCUdirtbag said:

Would be a fun matchup.  

FWIW, AP and Coaches are only ones that do postseason polls/rankings.  We may be back in the 10-12 range in those before the bowl.  Win our bowl and we have a shot at a top 10 finish.  

Oregon would make for good TV ratings and a nice little recruiting boost. 

Alamo is on a Saturday, (Jan. 2) too.  TCU would travel very well. 
Just told Mrs Pharm that we would go if it happens. What time is kickoff?

Smooth42

The latest 2 projections are Tcu vs Florida state in Russell and Tcu vs Oregon in Alamo. Both good games but would love to play Oregon.

Pharm Frog said:
That's damn near perfect.

Yes, sir indeed.  Would have great attendance.  Would be perfect for recruiting and media attention in south Texas.  And don't forget, Aaron Green is from San Antonio, so that'd be a great story in and of itself.

Lomez

Hypothetical: If the Alamo's top two available choices were TCU and OSU, would they be required to choose OSU based on the head-to-head result?

Lomez said:
Hypothetical: If the Alamo's top two available choices were TCU and OSU, would they be required to choose OSU based on the head-to-head result?

No.  The "regular" bowls (meaning not the Rose, Fiesta, Cotton, Sugar, Peach and Orange) select any bowl-eligible team they want from the conference they are tied to.

From the Big 12 site:

Big 12 Bowl Partners
Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order:

Valero Alamo
Russell Athletic
AdvoCare V100 Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Cactus
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Nick Danger

And don't forget, Aaron Green is from San Antonio, so that'd be a great story in and of itself.
As is "rising star" Ty Summers!

And just as an FYI, according to their website, the Alamo Bowl had representatives at both the TCU game on Friday and at the OU/OSU beat down on Saturday!

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Bowl Reps dont want to touch OSU, they stink on field but as important is their history of being a bad traveling team, selection really comes down to TCU and Baylor you have to think

Planks

TCU vs top 10/15 Oregon in the Alamo is about as perfect as a non-NY6 bowl can be.

Everyone who wants this should be praying that TCU doesn't pass Florida State and UNC in the rankings. If we do we will likely end up against Houston in the Fiesta or Peach bowl.

Alamo bowl please!

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Sugar Bowl will most likely be Ole Miss now, I think that probably makes the selection committee go with Baylor instead of TCU if they have the power to choose

Planks

tcuball3 said:
Sugar Bowl will most likely be Ole Miss now, I think that probably makes the selection committee go with Baylor instead of TCU if they have the power to choose
It sounds like the Sugar bowl has the power to chose the SEC team (Ole Miss over Florida), but does not have the ability to chose the Big 12 team (it will be Baylor).

dobbiesquad4

I probably jinxed us, but I've already reserved rooms on the river walk, so the family can spend New Years and go to the Bowl game. If the frogs end up in Florida, we will be a No go.

Moose Stuff

Gehörnter Frosch said:

Yes, sir indeed.  Would have great attendance.  Would be perfect for recruiting and media attention in south Texas.  And don't forget, Aaron Green is from San Antonio, so that'd be a great story in and of itself.
It's a better story that Moose Stuff lives 35 minutes from the Alamo Dome. :)

Planks

GuardianFrog said:
If we do end up in Orlando would we play against Notre Dame since they lost to Stanford? They do have a tie in with that bowl.
11-2 UNC or 10-2 Florida State. Likely UNC.