• The KillerFrogs

Wes and Scott contributing to decline of English skills in America

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
By making people spell words incorrectly, phonetically, to allow a person to make and state their case. Like having to call someone a dooshbag rather than allowing and promoting the correct spelling. And we wonder why people can't spell anymore.

Hump

teaching with the whole language approach versus phonics has excelled in dumbing down just about anyone beyond baby boomer age

Frog-in-law1995

Calling someone a doosh makes me feel like a fargin icehole.
m.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
By making people spell words incorrectly, phonetically, to allow a person to make and state their case. Like having to call someone a dooshbag rather than allowing and promoting the correct spelling. And we wonder why people can't spell anymore.

Oh don't be a dutch bag

FrogAbroad

The decline and fall of any civilization is inevitable, Top. Just accept it and look for a comfortable spot in the handbasket 'til the ride's over.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
teaching with the whole language approach versus phonics has excelled in dumbing down just about anyone beyond baby boomer age

I disagree. The baby boomers themselves are the root of all that ails us. To heck with blasting either big government or tea partiers. I say it's the baby boomers we should be angry with. For 50 years we've been catering to their whimsical temper tantrums. Let's deport the lot of them to Canada and be done with it.

Deep Purple

I say it's the baby boomers we should be angry with. For 50 years we've been catering to their whimsical temper tantrums. Let's deport the lot of them to Canada and be done with it.

If we deport the Boomers, who's going to fund $143-million football stadiums for TCU? Got your checkbook ready?