• The KillerFrogs

Were our fans spoiled by the Mountain West

Sebastian S

2014-2015 maybe more of an anomaly because it seemed like the offense made up for whatever the defense gave up... not a Patterson like team.

But he had no choice but to ride the wave of Boykin/Doctson even if his defense suffered due to the number of plays.

Last year was just a mess. The same up tempo but very inefficient, took a toll on the defense.

This year is more methodical and controlled with a run game.

Like some have mentioned, we have rarely played from behind and I am not sure if this offense can play from behind. We have not seen a deep threat or a big playmaker that can score quickly like WVU or OSU or even SMU - I thought we had guys like Taj or Porter for that but we haven't seen much of them. I guess you can argue we haven't had to do it.

We scored quickly on a trick play and right after a turnover though.

CountryFrog

Fixed. Boykin would have had almost as terrible a 2016 if he was still around with those WRs. Having a first round talent bailed him out and made the entire team better.
This is an exaggeration. It's very obvious that a great WR helps make the job easier for a QB, but it works both ways and Boykin made plenty of plays on his own that had nothing to do with Doctson

Sebastian S

The Boykin-Doctson duo was mutual. They both made each other better.

Boykin was definitely very mobile but he also probably had 2 defenders on Doctson at any given time.

I just love it when we just tear the other team up, from limb to limb, like we did Utah on that magical night and BYU one time in Ft.Worth and Okie State one time in Ft. Worth, maybe 2014 under Tre and in the Peach Bowl. Those games usually involve lots of turnovers and special teams, like with Kerley. I expect to see Turpin do some real stuff this year, not to mention Darius and Hicks. Gonna be fun. But we will continue to have to win most games in the Fourth. Would like to see us beat UT 100-0. I could then die in peace.

FrogLifeYo

I lived in Honolulu for roughly 7 years. I happen to live in a weird spot next to the BYU Hawaii UH headquarters.They had weekly BYU watch parties with roughly 60-70 BYU students across from the UH. I recall 2010/2011? when TCU went to Provo undefeated. Pre-game I flew my TCU flag as the students filed by.. I talked so much smack my wife told me she would divorce me if I didn't stop. We bombed them on their own field and I posted up on the corner after the game offering counciling for all their fans after the game. I'm not sure I've ever experienced such joy...Mountain West was great but when we break through and get to CFP it's going to be amazing