• The KillerFrogs

Well...the [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] in Norman are...supporting us?

Just saw this on Twitter from Brett McMurphy:

Also wanted Beebe gone RT @johnehoover: Our source says Boren wanted either BYU, TCU or Air Force added to Big 12 to get 10, or all 3 for 12

Waccy Frog

Thanks Merch Frog! I was waiting on some good news so that I can actually go to sleep. I'm logging off now while the gittin' is good. I expect a full summary of tonight's action when I log back in at 6 am.

frogfan72

For some reason, I think OU likes us - based solely on the fact they are somewhat consistently willing to play us. Hopefully they insist on all 3 schools because I know who UT would pick of those 3...

cpmencio

Of course. If I'm OU- whatever I hear UT doesn't want, I demand. They don't want TCU? Well we demand you add them. Why? because it is now OU's Big12 contract-long goal to piss them off as often as possible.

*falls under the assumption that UT really doesn't want TCU.

Froggle Rock

Of course. If I'm OU- whatever I hear UT doesn't want, I demand. They don't want TCU? Well we demand you add them. Why? because it is now OU's Big12 contract-long goal to piss them off as often as possible.

*falls under the assumption that UT really doesn't want TCU.

If I'm OU, and UT tries to bully me, I take OK. St, KU and K-St and march my arse over to the Big East.

cpmencio

If I'm OU, and UT tries to bully me, I take OK. St, KU and K-St and march my arse over to the Big East.

If only....
mellow.gif

BoulderBear

I hope you guys get into the Big 12, assuming it really does live to see another day.

Getting the Baylor-TCU rivalry back in the same conference would be tremendous. And needless to say, you guys deserve it. Big East could be a good spot for you I guess, but I would love to see TCU playing Baylor, Tech, OU, UT, etc on a common basis.

frogfan72

I hope you guys get into the Big 12, assuming it really does live to see another day.

Getting the Baylor-TCU rivalry back in the same conference would be tremendous. And needless to say, you guys deserve it. Big East could be a good spot for you I guess, but I would love to see TCU playing Baylor, Tech, OU, UT, etc on a common basis.

Question: are you a close, personal friend of Daddy Dodds?

Another article (original source of the tweet?) mentioning the same thing:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20110920_231_0_SANFRA47074

I'm starting to think this will happen. Big 12 teams will know that if they are going to add us, might as well do it now while we are in between conferences. Won't have to battle politics of leaving a conference (can tell Big East this isn't what we signed up for - BE punishing Syracuse and Pitt by making them play 2 more years anyway).

PurplePutt

Then everyone needs to stand up and tell UT to shove it. They only get one vote. Period!

BoulderBear

Then everyone needs to stand up and tell UT to shove it. They only get one vote. Period!

I agree. Especially if the Sooners really are on board with adding TCU, perhaps it will gain some traction.

Although some see the way this fell through as OU losing leverage, I still think the whole fiasco showed that other schools ARE willing to leave. If UT loses both Aggy and OU, they're screwed. UT got a wake-up call as to just how quickly they could be left with VERY few options. It's not secret that Larry Scott has lusted over Bevo for a while now. Him telling them to screw off should send a few messages.

tcufrog75

I have heard that Boren is a Disciple, a member of First C.C. in Norman. Maybe TCU should rekindle its Disciples connection. Maybe the OU pres could use some pastoral counseling. And has been reported here previously, OU President David Boren's son, Dan Boren (US Rep for the 2nd District of Oklahoma), is a TCU alum (B.S. '97).

Pete Thamel (NYT) - who has been fantastic reporting this mess - just tweeted: "I'll be STUNNED, after talking to 3 people today, if Mizzou ends up in SEC."

WOW.

Boomhauer

Pete Thamel (NYT) - who has been fantastic reporting this mess - just tweeted: "I'll be STUNNED, after talking to 3 people today, if Mizzou ends up in SEC."

WOW.

#14 has to be WVU right? If no Big 12 schools or ACC schools are on the table, who else is left? UK will veto UL.