• The KillerFrogs

We should be glad to play La Tech

Now that we're in the Big 12, the perception battle, the little guy, [Deleted], fighting for notariety is all gone. We do not have to fight perception anymore. Are you worried about this year's ranking?? If we beat La Tech or Wake we will be ranked in the same spot.

A lot of you are underestimating the practices for bowl season. It's almost as much practice as spring practice. With a young team, and this crazy difficult defense, the practices will groom this defense for 2012

Good post.

ricksterh

I think our first choice would be to play Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. The Frogs don't really have a lot of control about that because it depends on if USM can beat U H. If the Coogs win then they go to the Sugar Bowl and then your points about playing La Tech make a lot of sense as the next option. :mellow:

The problem I see is that I don't think TCU will bring a lot of fans and probably La Tech doesn't eithr and there probably won't be much local fan interest which will make for a bad bowl as far as support. We will see how it all play out pretty soon... :unsure:

Now that we're in the Big 12, the perception battle, the little guy, [Deleted], fighting for notariety is all gone. We do not have to fight perception anymore.

Completely disagree. With the BCS system, unless you're SEC, Texas, OU, USC, Oregon, Ohio St, Michigan, etc., teams will always be fighting perception.

We've gotten closer to that list of teams, but they're still getting the nod over us if our records are the same. And that's based entirely on perception.

Gunner

We all know that LHCGP is smarter than all of us. The Poinsetta Bowl is the only bowl that we know the certain opponent.We all know that our defense was young this year, and has a big challenge ahead of them next year. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe La Tech runs the spread just like 90% of the Big 12. La Tech likes to sling the ball around, just like 90% of the Big 12. LHCGP wants and needs an extra 15 practices with this young defense playing against a spread offense.

Does it really matter if we beat powerhouse Wake Forest or the ultimate underacheiver NC State?? What's the difference if we beat Arizona State or La Tech? If we're not in the Sugar Bowl, we all know that we are looking forward to next year and next year starts on December 5th. Preparing for La Tech and giving our players more familiarity with that type of offense will help us win the National Championship next year.

Will be real disappointed if we play in low paying bowl, where the money doesn't make any difference anyway, and play a nobody. It just doesn't make any sense, as to where we are as a program. Will be terribly disappointed if CDC lets this happen. Somebody needs to tell him. And what is wrong with the Poinsetta people anyway. La Tech won't bring 200 fans to San Diego???? I just don't get this!

It is a classic, never been more classic, "lose" "lose". m

Young and Horned

Will be real disappointed if we play in low paying bowl, where the money doesn't make any difference anyway, and play a nobody. It just doesn't make any sense, as to where we are as a program. Will be terribly disappointed if CDC lets this happen. Somebody needs to tell him. And what is wrong with the Poinsetta people anyway. La Tech won't bring 200 fans to San Diego???? I just don't get this!

It is a classic, never been more classic, "lose" "lose". m

What can CDC do? Demand the Cotton Bowl takes us?

Deep Purple

spot on, ive watched them play several games this year, they can bring it, they arent a top 10 team but they could beat anyone outside the top 10 on any given day, they almost beat a good houston team
Houston is not a good team, they're a great offense. If they had a decent defense to go with it, they'd be a good team.