• The KillerFrogs

Way too early 2023 Top 25s

bbell

When I read this I think of the ‘10 Fiesta vs. ‘11 Rose Bowl and how the dynamic and focus changed leading up to the rose bowl vs how the team prepared in the fiesta. I’m sure other factors played into both but many of the players talked about the business trip of the rose bowl vs the excited, laid back fiesta.

Would be awesome to replicate a back to back CFP appearance and should we find lightening in the bottle, a lot of us would be in driving distance to Houston for the natty.
I thought about this analogy too and it would be great to model that mind shift. However it won’t be with the same QB unlike 2010-2011. Of course the other obvious fact is that this is only the second year of this coaching staff versus Patterson and co having been around for a while.

Frogs1983

When I read this I think of the ‘10 Fiesta vs. ‘11 Rose Bowl and how the dynamic and focus changed leading up to the rose bowl vs how the team prepared in the fiesta. I’m sure other factors played into both but many of the players talked about the business trip of the rose bowl vs the excited, laid back fiesta.

Would be awesome to replicate a back to back CFP appearance and should we find lightening in the bottle, a lot of us would be in driving distance to Houston for the natty.
Not sure if Frogs will get back next season, but if Sonny and crew can keep recruiting and working transfer portal like they currently are, Frogs can become regular playoff game contenders IMO.

Get in the dance, then anything can happen.

Mean Purple

The general consensus seems to be we are still the team to beat in the Big 12 in 2023. Just hope we can handle preseason expectations to win the Big 12 unlike Baylor.

It comes down to schedule. We get to avoid 4 Big 12 teams next year, and who those 4 are will be important. Fine by me if we don't play OU or OSU next year.

Road games at Texas Tech and Houston / Home games against Texas and Baylor are 4 known games, the other 5 are a mystery. Would be nice for the other 5 to be BYU, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas, and West Virginia.
I would like to play Okie State. That's a good rivalry to build on. Good tv market numbers. Helps our strength of schedule. Would like to keep WVU, but my guess is they look at some map stuff. Would not mind playing Kstate. We need to build on things. That way, if this conf goes total [ Finebaum ] show, we still have up value and can bolt.

Nick Danger

In looking at these Way Early rankings, I'm afraid TCU is looking at a ceiling of about 20th or so, no matter how good they look against their schedule next year, or how many games they win. I'm afraid that many of these college football voters (AP, Coaches, CFP), are going to be very reluctant to vote TCU anywhere near making the playoffs (even the expanded one) for the next couple of years. You'll still need to be voted into an expanded playoff, even the conference champs, and a lot of these voters won't want to risk the vitriolic blowback on social media from the Paul Finebaum's out there that feel TCU got exposed as faux "big boys", and had no business being in the playoffs. Be prepared to deal with this "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me" kind of thinking amongst the voters.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Not sure if Frogs will get back next season, but if Sonny and crew can keep recruiting and working transfer portal like they currently are, Frogs can become regular playoff game contenders IMO.

Get in the dance, then anything can happen.
I think our kids will have even more size and be more physical next year. More time in the Riley's system, especially after Riley looks at the Natty film and sees some things, along with other parts of the season, should make for a good outcome. I would like to see them get back to the playoffs in the next 2 years. Even if they don't advance, just to get that Clemson vibe going. Would also like us to win the conf title next season. I hated that the kids did not get to hoist that trophy, but the Fiesta Bowl trophy is a big scheissing deal. And it is worth a crap ton of money.

Mean Purple

In looking at these Way Early rankings, I'm afraid TCU is looking at a ceiling of about 20th or so, no matter how good they look against their schedule next year, or how many games they win. I'm afraid that many of these college football voters (AP, Coaches, CFP), are going to be very reluctant to vote TCU anywhere near making the playoffs (even the expanded one) for the next couple of years. You'll still need to be voted into an expanded playoff, even the conference champs, and a lot of these voters won't want to risk the vitriolic blowback on social media from the Paul Finebaum's out there that feel TCU got exposed as faux "big boys", and had no business being in the playoffs. Be prepared to deal with this "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me" kind of thinking amongst the voters.
scheiss the CFP voters.