• The KillerFrogs

Was this game crew MWC or Big 12?

Screaming Flea

Recall Zebra suggesting this might be the number 1 crew from the Big 12? Or from MWC?.

That last pass interference call was obviously an act of desperation to .....influence....the game on behalf of the MWC and Boise
Every sports show I've seen remarked on that "bad call" by the ref's. Nobody could have caught that ball.

We stated going into this game to expect crooked calls or mystery calls somewhere in this game and they didn't disappoint.

Anybody got a name of the field judge? Pitiful!!

$mooth

I thought the MWC shared refs without te Big 12 and a couple otter conferences. So there's no such thing as an MWC crew, just a shared crew.
If I'm wrong, why would an Outside crew ref a MWC conf matchup?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why are there still conferences, and why are there still conference officials? There should be an NCAA that teams belong to and NCAA officials.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Exactly. Those guys should be permanently crossed off the list of acceptable game officials.

If there is a "Game Fixing Calls Hall of Fame" it just got a new inductee.

That was shameful, and a fairly plain indictment of how game officials can and will make calls to influence the outcome of games.

Of course, complaints fall on deaf ears in this area. This crew will go on as if nothing happened. Hell, the MWC might just give them a pat on the back for giving it the good old college try...

Frog Brother

Exactly. Those guys should be permanently crossed off the list of acceptable game officials.

If there is a "Game Fixing Calls Hall of Fame" it just got a new inductee.

That was shameful, and a fairly plain indictment of how game officials can and will make calls to influence the outcome of games.

Of course, complaints fall on deaf ears in this area. This crew will go on as if nothing happened. Hell, the MWC might just give them a pat on the back for giving it the good old college try...

I am not going to claim it was a good call but there is a night and day difference in this call and the totally phantom DPI called in the SMU game. Had this foul been called defensive holding I would have still felt it was weak, but easier to understand. The ball was uncatchable and would have been easy to justify as a no call. But at least there was contact and we know what he saw. In the SMU instance there was NOTHING.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am not going to claim it was a good call but there is a night and day difference in this call and the totally phantom DPI called in the SMU game. Had this foul been called defensive holding I would have still felt it was weak, but easier to understand. The ball was uncatchable and would have been easy to justify as a no call. But at least there was contact and we know what he saw. In the SMU instance there was NOTHING.

Oh, the SMU call was disgusting all on its own, but it was in the 1st quarter and the Frogs could have overcome it even though it destroyed the confidence of the young secondary and vaulted the confidence of the worthless SMUs. In the case of the call yestiddy, it very well would have been the difference had their kicker been accurate. No chance for recovery.

Unless a couple of them go to the NFL next year, and the crew remains intact, which it has for the past 2 or 3 years, if it's a big game and TCU is involved, you WILL see them again. And coaches have no choice in who calls the game, so there is no "list" of acceptable game officials.

BABYFACE

My view on officiating is that unless it is an obvious penalty, you don't call it. If it is one that could go either way, you don't call it. When they game is in the balance near then end of the game, don't influence the outcome of the game unless it is a clear penalty.

So why is this concept so hard for some refs to grasp?

FrogbyChoice

Crew is a CFO West crew....Scott Novak's crew that has worked most of the high profile Big 12 tv games this year. Horrible call, but you hope you'll see that crew again.

Houston Frog

My view on officiating is that unless it is an obvious penalty, you don't call it. If it is one that could go either way, you don't call it. When they game is in the balance near then end of the game, don't influence the outcome of the game unless it is a clear penalty.

Agree completely

And I have no idea

jack the frog

Agreed. Seems that many crews are scared they are going to miss the big call at crunch time when the real job is to look for ways not to make a call unless absolutely required. I don't pretend to know whats up but many bad calls and much of it home cooking these days. That bunch seemed scared not to give Boise that flag somehow.

HoustonHornedFrog

Agreed. Seems that many crews are scared they are going to miss the big call at crunch time when the real job is to look for ways not to make a call unless absolutely required. I don't pretend to know whats up but many bad calls and much of it home cooking these days. That bunch seemed scared not to give Boise that flag somehow.

Agreed. The rules on things like holding and PI are so subjective that it puts a huge amount of power in the hands of the official.
IMO, most officials try to do the right thing. But on a call like that, from an official 25 yards away, they need to
get together and someone closer to the play needs to let him know that the ball was not catchable and
they need to pick up that flag. Glad it didn't change the outcome, this time.

Latest posts