• The KillerFrogs

Walk From Lot 3 to DMC

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I went to the basketball game on Saturday and if TCU is expecting people to walk from Lot 3 (that's what the cop called it, just north of the ACS end zone) to DMC, they had better do something to improve the experience.
The "pavement" (when one can walk on it) is uneven and full of potholes. Not to mention the curbs one has to navigate.
Once you get off the pavement, you face up-and-down on grass, mud, heaven-forbid ice.
The MAJOR problem is that the entire walk is basically unlit. You're walking in the dark and there was a full moon on Saturday.
This is an accident waiting to happen, a lawsuit against TCU, and it needs to be addressed NOW.

frogman

Season ticket holder for family 4 tickets for past 8 year.used to park in lot 6 ,gave it up because of parking issues this year.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
And so is the stability of your newspaper. Perhaps they have too many overpaid sports writers.
Great way to address the issue at hand.
Someone is going to get hurt and they are going to sue TCU. I doubt any newspaper has anything to do with that.
As it stands, TCU can kiss any idea of a good crowd at a basketball game goodbye. The parking situation was bad enough on Saturday that I almost bailed on it, and I have been to more BB games in the last five years than most folks on this board.

PurplePutt

I won't sue TCU if I fall. I will get myself fixed up and go to the next game if able. Why don't you guys email CDC and alert him.

ftwfrog

I went to the basketball game on Saturday and if TCU is expecting people to walk from Lot 3 (that's what the cop called it, just north of the ACS end zone) to DMC, they had better do something to improve the experience.
The "pavement" (when one can walk on it) is uneven and full of potholes. Not to mention the curbs one has to navigate.
Once you get off the pavement, you face up-and-down on grass, mud, heaven-forbid ice.
The MAJOR problem is that the entire walk is basically unlit. You're walking in the dark and there was a full moon on Saturday.
This is an accident waiting to happen, a lawsuit against TCU, and it needs to be addressed NOW.
Good Point, you may want to email CDC on this one.

I didn't really think of it as a liability issue, but you may be right. I'm fairly young and spry, but some of our older fans may have a problem walking through the dark and up the knoll that is unlit.

Or they could just cancel basketball season if it will get the stadium finished sooner. :biggrin:

Dogfrog

Maybe you have some kind of disability and need to park close? If not, couldn't you park further east toward campus and walk?

aebrown22

I park down in lot 3 for basketball games and everything the OP said is true. However, this lot was full for the Tech game and they had the road blocked off, forcing me to park in the Rickel lot. I would suggest using this lot, as your walk is lit the entire way with plenty of sidewalk access.

froginaustin

Good Point, you may want to email CDC on this one.

I didn't really think of it as a liability issue, but you may be right. I'm fairly young and spry, but some of our older fans may have a problem walking through the dark and up the knoll that is unlit.

Or they could just cancel basketball season if it will get the stadium finished sooner. :biggrin:

In conditions such as the OP describes, if someone slips and falls and has a serious injury, or even noticeable bruises or cuts, any settlement discussion will likely start with "how much should TCU or its carrier if any pay?" It could be more than you'd think at first glance, particularly if the injured person has pre-existing conditions that are aggravated, such as bad back, knees, etc., blood or bleeding disorders, or pregnancy.

Absolute stereotype of a premises liability claim, particularly for a paying customer attending a public event.

TCU prolly needs to keep people off that lot, particularly at night, unless they do their best to make the walkways safe and provide proper lighting.

IMHO.

TAINTed frog

Basically, TCU basketball is a disaster. The overall TCU basketball experience is nowhere near worthy of Big 12 status.

Basically, I'm extremely happy that I happened upon this image today on the internets. And, I completely agree with your assessment of TCU in general _ _ _ _Nose!!!

Dickface-dicknose-norway.jpg