• The KillerFrogs

Updated Bowl Projections

TCUdirtbag

cheez it bowl pays $1 million.

It’s impossible to not make money on that with current hotel / flight costs.

especially if Texas bowl has a similar payout and it’s driving distance.

G5 bowls don’t pay more than 750k (most garbage bowls at least) so you’re probably making a small profit or break even when you divide that out to the conference

Are bowls waiving the ticket guarantees? Schools are going to have to eat tickets if they don’t. And are the standard payouts holding this year given reduced capacities? I’m sure skeptical.

Plus, the conference payout happens in May/June. You have to lay out cash for the expenses now. And then when you get there, there’s only so much the team can do.

I certainly understand why many are just saying “not worth it.”

flyfishingfrog

The regular season means something.

A bowl game outside the NY6, where you can't spend the holidays with your family due to COVID protocol, don't get to do any of the cool stuff associated with the bowl games, are basically locked in a hotel, and might end up ver cancelled anyway, means absolutely nothing.
So I guess you have missed the 20 times GP has said that gift package that the team gets from the bowl is the only Christmas many of our players have each year

plus almost every bowl we are in consideration for will allow their families to attend - which means one more chance to watch their kids play and for many, the last chance

Zubaz

So I guess you have missed the 20 times GP has said that gift package that the team gets from the bowl is the only Christmas many of our players have each year

plus almost every bowl we are in consideration for will allow their families to attend - which means one more chance to watch their kids play and for many, the last chance
So the players are voting to forego that in exchange for more time with their family. As long as it's their decision, can't say I blame them.

TCUdirtbag

Financially helpful for the Big 12 to get 2 NY6 bids.

And should send UT to San Antonio and OSU to Orlando (or vice versa). Putting TCU in Houston and WVU in Memphis (unlikely but nonzero chance those could flip).

Texas and Houston bowls are both SEC games. The SEC pools 3 teams and picks who will go where among those 2 and (I believe) Music City.

K-State and Tech will not accept a bowl bid. Surely 2-7 Baylor won’t get a bid but you never know this year.

FBallFan123

Financially helpful for the Big 12 to get 2 NY6 bids.

And should send UT to San Antonio and OSU to Orlando (or vice versa). Putting TCU in Houston and WVU in Memphis (unlikely but nonzero chance those could flip).

Texas and Houston bowls are both SEC games. The SEC pools 3 teams and picks who will go where among those 2 and (I believe) Music City.

K-State and Tech will not accept a bowl bid. Surely 2-7 Baylor won’t get a bid but you never know this year.

I think Jerry Palm had Baylor in First Responders Bowl in Dallas against UTSA in his latest.