• The KillerFrogs

Unless it’s a Conference Champ. or Bowl/Playoff..

I’m talking about 50-60ish year olds that are more than fans. Alums, lettermen, and some pretty big donors who golf 4-5 times a week. They rarely miss a game at ACS and not sure they ever miss a bowl game. It would not surprise me if some actually bought their tickets to the game based on their points and gave them away to their kids or buddies.

So these are former players who wont come support current players? Makes sense.

DeuceBoogieNights

As I said in the game thread, wish we got another shot at them next year. But we don't and it sucks. I refused to go to Jerry world for this game and I literally live 5 miles away. This played a part in many factors why I didn't renew my season tickets this year. TCU better be careful. Additions to east side isn't going to help things.

Moose Stuff

This played a part in many factors why I didn't renew my season tickets this year.

Posts like this confuse me. Can’t attend the games or can’t afford the tickets..... these make sense to me. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around a TCU fan who’s into the team enough to regularly post on a fan forum being motivated to give up their season tickets because one game got moved.

Edit ..... I know you said “many” factors. I just don’t get this one.

Pharm Frog

Posts like this confuse me. Can’t attend the games or can’t afford the tickets..... these make sense to me. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around a TCU fan who’s into the team enough to regularly post on a fan forum being motivated to give up their season tickets because one game got moved.

I doubt it’s just that one game.

Big Frog II

TCU fans are burned out about playing in the Cowboy Stadium. It was fun the first couple of times, but it just isn't that special anymore. For OSU fans, any that live within a 200 mile radius are going to take this opportunity to see their team play. They also have a huge fan base. The crowd results were predictable. I do believe that TCU has gotten the message to not play there again save a Big 12 championship game or Cotton Bowl.

Finally, kudos to those Frog fans that did show up. Gary and the team appreciates you.

flyfishingfrog

When we created the B12 championship game and decided to hold it in the Death star - that should have ended our pursuit of any other games in that stadium

it not only makes our fans tired - it diminishes the atmosphere for the Champion game to play there other times

Yesterday’s atmosphere was terrible..

CDC can kiss my ass - we would have gotten a lot more value than $5 mil from playing a home and home with OSU

And Gary is wrong - we need to take the next step and figuring out how to win games like yesterday is the key

Last edited:

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
My wife and I walked up to a bar in Jerra World. She orders a double bourbon for both of us (yes, I was surprised). $52. Yes, I was even more scheissing surprised.
Why? Essentially that's 4 normal drinks I would say a good bourbon at a good bar would be $12. So instead of $48 yours were $52.

cdsfrog

As I said in the game thread, wish we got another shot at them next year. But we don't and it sucks. I refused to go to Jerry world for this game and I literally live 5 miles away. This played a part in many factors why I didn't renew my season tickets this year. TCU better be careful. Additions to east side isn't going to help things.

They got greedy as hell. A ridiculous PCL for east side club seats when west side didn't have them and even more expensive seats is insane. I was barely on the waiting list and got offered club seats via email several times. I almost cancelled all of my tickets as well, kept 2.

frogs9497

Why? Essentially that's 4 normal drinks I would say a good bourbon at a good bar would be $12. So instead of $48 yours were $52.

I’ve never personally been to a bar where a double is twice the price of a single. Granted, I don’t usually order doubles, but the thought of paying $26 for a drink seems ridiculous. Unless you’re talking about a Duke’s martini in London.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Be careful of what? Fan support is growing not shrinking. And how does the east side club affect anyone but those that pay for it? Jesus people will [ hundin] about anything.

Less than a decade ago we were playing on Tuesdays against no name programs just hoping to get a single shot a year at a blue blood. Now we play multiple blue bloods every damn year, we add non conference games like OSU and still people complain because it isn’t a perfect scenario.

I don’t understand how so many people can be so unhappy with the direction of the program. Complain away but I’m not playing that ridiculous game. I get enjoyment out of frog sports. If I ever get to the point where every decision the school makes I take as a personal insult or every loss makes me start calling out coaches and players - I will walk away. Life is too damn short to be that damn upset about a game.

Frog-in-law1995

I’ve never personally been to a bar where a double is twice the price of a single. Granted, I don’t usually order doubles, but the thought of paying $26 for a drink seems ridiculous. Unless you’re talking about a Duke’s martini in London.

Was going to post a photo of me enjoying a martini in the Duke’s bar, but can’t find the one I was looking for. My favorite drink ever, though.

Moose Stuff

Be careful of what? Fan support is growing not shrinking. And how does the east side club affect anyone but those that pay for it? Jesus people will butch about anything.

Less than a decade ago we were playing on Tuesdays against no name programs just hoping to get a single shot a year at a blue blood. Now we play multiple blue bloods every damn year, we add non conference games like OSU and still people complain because it isn’t a perfect scenario.

I don’t understand how so many people can be so unhappy with the direction of the program. Complain away but I’m not playing that ridiculous game. I get enjoyment out of frog sports. If I ever get to the point where every decision the school makes I take as a personal insult or every loss makes me start calling out coaches and players - I will walk away. Life is too damn short to be that damn upset about a game.

People in general are a beating. People that post on messages boards even more so. The percentage of rational people that post regularly on here needs to improve. Here, just listen to this.....

..... you all feel a little better now right?

tcumaniac

Have yet to miss a game at that god awful stadium, but after last night, I am done. Miserable experience all around. Absolutely despise that place.

After parking and the cost of a ticket for my wife and me at $275 a pop, we literally paid the cost of two extra season tickets to attend this damn game. My blind faith for TCU suckered me into going and paying the outrageous prices, but even I’m not stupid enough to ever fall for this BS again.

Pharm Frog

People in general are a beating. People that post on messages boards even more so. The percentage of rational people that post regularly on here needs to improve. Here, just listen to this.....

I feel worse for not having shut off the TV audio in favor of our radio broadcast.

DeuceBoogieNights

None of those are reasons an actual devoted fan should stop buying season tickets.

So what are the reasons #1 frog fan in the world?? Who are you to say what reasons are valid or not??

If our fan base is growing so much why do I get bombarded with emails for discounted tickets, 3 game plans, and see empty seats everywhere? Whatever. Like I said, changing this game was one of many reasons. Not the only. I'll buy single game tickets from now on. There are plenty to be had.

Mean Purple

Oh, good grief.

People really gonna play that card now?