• The KillerFrogs

UCF’s Walker transferring to TCU

Chongo94

Never? Desmond Bane hit 50% from the field.
Bane was the closest we’ve had sure, but I’d argue that he wasn’t, at least when he was at TCU, that true scorer than can completely change momentum of and take over games. Whether that was due to the system, I don’t know but personally, I felt we should’ve let him shoot way more often.

That’s what I’m saying we haven’t had in years. Really feel like a true smooth consistent jump shot scorer would make us far more diverse and harder to defend rather than what we’ve been lately.

ReedFrawg

Bane was the closest we’ve had sure, but I’d argue that he wasn’t, at least when he was at TCU, that true scorer than can completely change momentum of and take over games. Whether that was due to the system, I don’t know but personally, I felt we should’ve let him shoot way more often.

That’s what I’m saying we haven’t had in years. Really feel like a true smooth consistent jump shot scorer would make us far more diverse and harder to defend rather than what we’ve been lately.
I don’t know…by his senior year he could take over a game like he did against KU.

An-Cap Frog

True but he isn’t far off from the shooter thing….we’ve never had a consistent and smooth buckets guy sadly.
As it relates to 3-point shooting, we were 100th in 3 point shooting percentage, out of 351 teams. Could we be better, sure, but you are not going to improve that with a 6-8 player.

Here was his scouting report coming out of HS.

An alert player with instincts and top-notch athleticism. Has solid size for a small forward but does need to gain strength. High energy player who can both start the fast break and finish it. Solid all-around skill game but has room to improve weak hand. Shooting is developing and has potential. Very active defender who is a terrific shot blocker at 6-8. He as the athleticism and upside to be a potential lottery pick in time.

The average height of the top 50 3-point shooters was 6-4.

Chongo94

As it relates to 3-point shooting, we were 100th in 3 point shooting percentage, out of 351 teams. Could we be better, sure, but you are not going to improve that with a 6-8 player.

Here was his scouting report coming out of HS.

An alert player with instincts and top-notch athleticism. Has solid size for a small forward but does need to gain strength. High energy player who can both start the fast break and finish it. Solid all-around skill game but has room to improve weak hand. Shooting is developing and has potential. Very active defender who is a terrific shot blocker at 6-8. He as the athleticism and upside to be a potential lottery pick in time.

The average height of the top 50 3-point shooters was 6-4.
What? I don’t mean this specific guy that’s transferring, I mean just a shooter in general. Yeah, this guy probably isn’t helping that whatsoever, sadly.