• The KillerFrogs

Tyler Matthews Update

West Coast Johnny

http://www.tcu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1277698

Matthews made an early commitment to TCU and remains strong in that pledge.
Despite the game taking place in their home state the Horned Frogs have only had
one signee play in the Army Bowl prior to this year. Two others in addition to
Matthews - Edward Pope and Ethan Perry - have also been selected to this year's game and the talented quarterback sees it as a chance to make fans of the program proud.

"I love getting a chance to represent TCU," he said. "Representing them in any way positive that I can is a big deal to me. It's exciting and I hope they're excited. Obviously with them going to the Big 12 it's a really exciting time for TCU. I'm going to go down there and represent TCU in a positive way and have fun doing it. It'll be cool knowing that (Pope and Perry) are there too and we'll be playing together."

Rabble Rouser

IMO Tyler is this years version of Kolby Griffin in terms of being an excellent ambassador for TCU and a recruiter in his own right. Biggest difference being Tyler is getting a ton more exposure than Kolby did (4-star, Elite 11, Army AA, The Opening, etc.). Also you gotta think Tyler is pumped about the prospect of playing KSU & KU every year now. Works out well that we will most likely have one trip to the state of Kansas each year. The future is bright!