• The KillerFrogs

Thoughts on a couple of players.

Limp Lizard

Shad Banks looks like he is staying. I like his athleticism, but wondered why they did not rush him more. Hopefully Avalos will send him a lot. With his size and speed, I think he would make a great hybrid LB who is really good at rushing the QB.

Cam Cook looked pretty good at times but only carried the ball 16 times so never had a chance at getting in a rhythm. That lack of playing time is probably due to ball security issues, poor pass blocking, injuries, or just not that good. What happened to keep his carries so low?

Last edited:
Shad Brooks looks like he is staying. I like his athleticism, but wondered why they did not rush him more. Hopefully Avalos will send him a lot. With his size and speed, I think he would make a great hybrid LB who is really good at rushing the QB.

Cam Cook looked pretty good at times but only carried the ball 16 times so never had a chance at getting in a rhythm. That lack of playing time is probably due to ball security issues, poor pass blocking, injuries, or just not that good. What happened to keep his carries so low?
We have Shad Banks and Marcel Brooks. Both were fast LB’s last year but Brooks was not on the field much.

Sorry about the hybrid name for the linebacker. Shad Banks. (Need an embarrassed emoticon here)
The new DC has a position, I think they call it the stud LB, that is a hybrid LB/ DE and if Marcel Brooks has anything left or if Shad Banks can still carry speed with the weight he is carrying, maybe both of them fit that role. Maybe Shad Brooks is what the new Dc needs!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The new DC has a position, I think they call it the stud LB, that is a hybrid LB/ DE and if Marcel Brooks has anything left or if Shad Banks can still carry speed with the weight he is carrying, maybe both of them fit that role. Maybe Shad Brooks is what the new Dc needs!
I think the two transfers for that role.

PineyWoodsFrog

Shad Banks looks like he is staying. I like his athleticism, but wondered why they did not rush him more. Hopefully Avalos will send him a lot. With his size and speed, I think he would make a great hybrid LB who is really good at rushing the QB.

When the gap between your starter and the others are so wide, you just ride your feature back as much possible. Look at how Trey Sanders' playing time regressed over the course of the season. Bailey was that much better than everyone else.