• The KillerFrogs

This Team Has No Balls

Horny4TCU

Somebody needs to personally confront the players with this. I nominate you.
Clearly you've read this whole thread...

Working on the gift baskets with all the feminine products you and the team need to help them on their transitioning journey.

Putt4Purple

It’s amazing. The fault was with the coaching. Play calls, tempo, the offense Briles play calls philosophy. Trying to push the agenda rather than what is needed. Especially in the first half. Defense played good enough to win.

Deep Purple

Currently making gift baskets with bath beads, douches, and other feminine products that I will individually hand out to each player.
Rowan Atkinson Attack GIF by Working Title

Limey Frog

TCU isn't one of the few programs that can recruit play-ready offensive linemen. I think we were at the top of our development cycle pretty much across the board last year. Probably only defensive backs are in a better overall spot; every other unit is now farther back in the development cycle. I assume that's a big part of the issue upfront on offense, not the players' lack of guts or whatever you want to call it.

I also believe that Johnny Tape-fingers' scheme is not ideal in that spot, but I'll readily admit that I personally dislike him and was not pleased with the hire. I'm just going to blame him for anything possible until the offense is so undeniably good that I'm forced to relinquish my grievance. This probably isn't good analysis and it certainly isn't rational, but there you go. I'm a fan/alumnus; it's my prerogative to be emotional about TCU football.

FrogCop19

I don't know who castrated them, but they lost em somewhere. Zero heart and fight. We aren't gonna win another with these losers.
Currently making gift baskets with bath beads, douches, and other feminine products that I will individually hand out to each player.

It's the internet and America, everyone has an opinion. If you're happy with how the team played, you must be the same progressive parents that hand out participation trophies.
This is a weird bit.

MadFrog

I think we have 2 main issues. 3 man line defenses will not cut it. They can't get to the QB without blitzes. I also think we have no leader on offense. Morris is not a leader. Plus, I am amazed WVU did not intercept several of his throws. He just throws it no mater who is in the way. We would be 5-0 if Max had stayed for his last year. He was a great leader.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I will politely disagree. The Defense in the 2nd Half was better, and held WVU to 3 points. This was, of course, a by-product of WVU going for 4th down conversions and getting stuffed in key moments, but it is those key moments that make a win or a loss. IMHO, they did their jobs.

The offense, OTOH, was less than stellar. If there were adjustments made at the half, they were the wrong ones. Having Morris roll to the short side and try to hit a receiver in a crowd is a piss-poor scheme...

The TCU Football Jerk

I think we have 2 main issues. 3 man line defenses will not cut it. They can't get to the QB without blitzes. I also think we have no leader on offense. Morris is not a leader. Plus, I am amazed WVU did not intercept several of his throws. He just throws it no mater who is in the way. We would be 5-0 if Max had stayed for his last year. He was a great leader.

Yeah, Morris was like a different qb in the 2nd half. We were lucky we didn't lose by a lot more. And I've never been a fan of the 3-3-5 platform because of the pass rush situation. You're always going to have to bring an lb as a 4th man to get any kind of pressure. Always.

ShreveFrog

@Putt4Purple - I think both those blocks are on the kicker. He kicked them too low trying to drive the ball a long way into a breeze. He's hit a couple of 57-yarders. Just had an off night.

Horny4TCU

Sooooo, how about this team's nuts status now? They still seem to be soy boys. No heart or spirit, just a bunch of gen z quitters.

The TCU Football Jerk

I will politely disagree. The Defense in the 2nd Half was better, and held WVU to 3 points. This was, of course, a by-product of WVU going for 4th down conversions and getting stuffed in key moments, but it is those key moments that make a win or a loss. IMHO, they did their jobs.

The offense, OTOH, was less than stellar. If there were adjustments made at the half, they were the wrong ones. Having Morris roll to the short side and try to hit a receiver in a crowd is a piss-poor scheme...

We either don't make, or make horrible offensive adjustments at the half. My thoughts on Briles being the right guy before the season have yet to be proven wrong. But then again, we have other coaching problems too.