• The KillerFrogs

Things get rowdy in Lubbock during Texas game

Spike

Nicest people you'll ever meet unless they're at a ballgame.
Funny the one time I went to Lubbock the old timers from the neighborhood were some of the friendliest folks around. OTOH the students were all F U TCU. Is this actually an institution of higher learning? Luckily we were up like 21 0 5 minutes in and they were relatively quiet.

Girlfriend used to work for a foodbank that helps get food to the less fortunate who really need it. When I told her about the tradition of throwing perfectly good tortillas on the field she thought it was one of the dumbest things she'd ever heard of. I tend to agree.

AustinFrog

Funny the one time I went to Lubbock the old timers from the neighborhood were some of the friendliest folks around. OTOH the students were all F U TCU. Is this actually an institution of higher learning? Luckily we were up like 21 0 5 minutes in and they were relatively quiet.

Girlfriend used to work for a foodbank that helps get food to the less fortunate who really need it. When I told her about the tradition of throwing perfectly good tortillas on the field she thought it was one of the dumbest things she'd ever heard of. I tend to agree.
My LAST trip to Tech, they started an FU TCU chant during the National Anthem. If I was not at the position of attention, I might still be in Huntsville.

Chongo94

good to see the hairstyles for men at Tech hasn't changed in a couple decades.
I will say this is more a generational thing, not necessarily Tech. These new idiot generations decided to bring back one of the worst hairstyles ever…..cause they’re weird and dumb.

Another look at the action.

Nice to see the quality of the always continually hiring Lubbock law enforcement hasn’t dropped any since I was there….considering it took 6 big cops to wrangle this guy. Sheesh.

Spike

I will say this is more a generational thing, not necessarily Tech. These new idiot generations decided to bring back one of the worst hairstyles ever…..cause they’re weird and dumb.

Nice to see the quality of the always continually hiring Lubbock law enforcement hasn’t dropped any since I was there….considering it took 6 big cops to wrangle this guy. Sheesh.
Everyone is a police critic. It's supposed to be an overwhelming show of force to hopefully deter him from fighting back, If 1 or 2 go to arrest him he might think he can win and we get a fistfight on our hands. Then when the little darling genuinely gets his a$$ kicked we get all the bleeding hearts screaming about excessive force.

Chongo94

Everyone is a police critic. It's supposed to be an overwhelming show of force to hopefully deter him from fighting back, If 1 or 2 go to arrest him he might think he can win and we get a fistfight on our hands. Then when the little darling genuinely gets his a$$ kicked we get all the bleeding hearts screaming about excessive force.
stripes lighten GIF

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Yeah I’ll never understand the criticisms that the cop didn’t just use his hands and fight, it took too many, the cops fired too many bullets at a person shooting at them, etc.

The goal is to go home safely and uninjured. EVERY DAY. It’s not supposed to be a ‘fair fight.’ It’s not supposed to be a fight at all.

Obvi in this case, Chongo’s remark was comedic not serious