• The KillerFrogs

The Wichita Eagle: A star is born as Avery Johnson leads Kansas State past Texas Tech with monster game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

A star is born as Avery Johnson leads Kansas State past Texas Tech with monster game​

Story by Kellis Robinett, The Wichita Eagle

Lubbock, Texas – Avery Johnson has been at Kansas State for such a short time that he is only a few months removed from high school. As a freshman quarterback, he has only appeared in three games and is still waiting to make his first college start.

In other words, he hasn't had much time to make an impact for the Wildcats.

But his name can already be found in the program's record books.

Read the article at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...past-texas-tech-with-monster-game/ar-AA1iftyc

tmcats

cat quick. battle of two freshmen in manhattan or does klieman start will howard? that's the question of the day up here.

Limey Frog

cat quick. battle of two freshmen in manhattan or does klieman start will howard? that's the question of the day up here.
Doesn't matter if Howard is hurt or however much he blows vs. any other team, he'll play like Tom Brady with an adamantium skeleton against TCU.

On another note, this is from the article re: K-State after beating Tech:
"...their trajectory looks bright..."
Sir, would you like your mixed metaphors shaken or stirred, or are you drunk enough already and prefer coffee?

froginmn

Doesn't matter if Howard is hurt or however much he blows vs. any other team, he'll play like Tom Brady with an adamantium skeleton against TCU.

On another note, this is from the article re: K-State after beating Tech:

Sir, would you like your mixed metaphors shaken or stirred, or are you drunk enough already and prefer coffee?
Are you saying that the writer isn't the sharpest knife on the tree?

tmcats

will howard has been in a funk all year. he hasn't taken a step up from last year, in fact he's regressed. i'm not sure why? perhaps because he's been dinged-up and as a result may be wally pipp'd before season's end.

the 4* youngster, avery johnson, is the highest rated recruit ever at k-state. had he taken notre dame's offer, he'd have been a surefire five-star. but he's also very young, 18, and skinny at 6'2" and less than 190 pounds by more than a little. so, some olds like me wonder if he'll be able to stand the beating of a b12 finishing schedule?

i'm guessing howard will start saturday. it's going to be high drama for emaw nation either way. txt seemed similar to oklahoma last year, a reset game for the wildcats, just as byu was for tcu.

tmcats

the article writer is a jayhawk. take that for what it's worth. i never read his drivel, including the linked piece. i really don't care what he writes.

tmcats

Will Howard can transfer here to develop. He was all-world against us.
will is a seasoned vet with solid skills. avery johnson is a pup with what seems to be superior aptitude. we'll see how klieman goes on this. today's depth chart has them howard or johnson at starting qb. i'm sure sonny appreciates the clarity. ;)

Froggy Style

College football is about mobile QBs integrated into the running game. You can win a lot of games without it, but almost impossible to defend with it, assuming a decent passing game.

Howard without 22 will get you 8 wins. I like that they want more.