• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

HG73

Good info, thank you. Please expand on your opinion do you think he was very successful at LSU because they had top quality athletes or because he was a better defensive strategist? Curiously interested.
Top quality athletes vs backwards conservative offenses. Can make for good stats.

Limey Frog

Good info, thank you. Please expand on your opinion do you think he was very successful at LSU because they had top quality athletes or because he was a better defensive strategist? Curiously interested.
I don't know what he did schematically that is unique, but it's not as simple in the SEC as just recruiting top athletes and putting a jersey on them. That keeps not working for Aggy. Top athletes playing together as a cohesive unit that is sound on fundamentals suggests good coaching. TCU's defense could get a lot more cohesive and more sound on fundamentals. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, can't tackle and don't know when to turn around and find the ball, it doesn't matter what scheme you're running: you suck and you'll lose.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I don't know what he did schematically that is unique, but it's not as simple in the SEC as just recruiting top athletes and putting a jersey on them. That keeps not working for Aggy. Top athletes playing together as a cohesive unit that is sound on fundamentals suggests good coaching. TCU's defense could get a lot more cohesive and more sound on fundamentals. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, can't tackle and don't know when to turn around and find the ball, it doesn't matter what scheme you're running: you suck and you'll lose.
Thanks. And you think Aranda has that skill level?

Paint It Purple

“Weird flex” - I hate trendy terms. My “issues” and “hang-ups” - please do not project/speculate about me, and scorn me - do you see that you just made this your angry “weird flex,” jeepers.

I have nothing against Mormonism - I know little about it. Maybe you have read derogatory comments about Mormonism by others here and are projecting on me.

I was complimenting Mendenhall, saying I thought his record might get him a job at a more prominent football university; I then kiddingly speculated, foolishing obviously, because it was misinterpreted and offended you, oh my. Maybe you should read my post again, with that in mind.

If your day made you angry/grumpy, maybe then don’t get on social media.
Excellent.