• The KillerFrogs

The Post LHCGP Coach Discussion

Purple Cavalier

How do we avoid a guy trying to ladder up, rather than a guy committed to stay. That being said, somewhere I need to express my opinion that the issue should never have arisen during the season, and Gary should have been given the chance to announce anything’s that was going to be done.

Eight

How do we avoid a guy trying to ladder up, rather than a guy committed to stay. That being said, somewhere I need to express my opinion that the issue should never have arisen during the season, and Gary should have been given the chance to announce anything’s that was going to be done.

you don't on the first and you can't have that mindset going into the hiring process

Pharm Frog

Let’s see:

If you are gonna be so successful that laddering “up” is the outcome, I’m good with that. Not interested in tenured coaching faculty.

Agree. This issue should have been addressed pre-season….a few seasons ago in fact.

Finally…zero chance I allow GP to make an announcement like this. I think it’s instructive that the first mention was “the voice” of the program.

ticketfrog123

You hire somebody from an established program that has the talent and history of creating excellence.

Then you pay them top 15 money with an easier road to the CFP - where realistically there’s only 1 or 2 other jobs they’d ever leave for.

The TCU Football Jerk

We should get Nick Saban

133329.gif

You're just insane. Everyone knows we should dig up Tom Landry and give him the jobs. Sheesh

Wexahu

How do we avoid a guy trying to ladder up, rather than a guy committed to stay.
One of the reasons I wouldn’t mind Dykes. I think he’s a guy that might stay 10 years if he’s successful, and potentially really build something. I may be overrating him, who knows, I just think he’s a much better coach than he was 5-10 years ago, and he seems to have this transfer portal thing down pretty well.

Brog

One of the reasons I wouldn’t mind Dykes. I think he’s a guy that might stay 10 years if he’s successful, and potentially really build something. I may be overrating him, who knows, I just think he’s a much better coach than he was 5-10 years ago, and he seems to have this transfer portal thing down pretty well.
He's especially good at coming up with good strategy when you've just tied the game, there's 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter, and you choose to kick off deep to their all-star open field runner. Oh, wait. How did that turn out?

Moose Stuff

I’m mostly OK with Dykes because I KNOW he’s an upgrade over what we are currently. Is he a high upside type home run run? Entirely possible he isn’t. But I’m confident he’s a solid bet to be a 8-4 type guy that will occasionally be better. Key to him is getting the key components to his staff to join him.

Wexahu

I’m mostly OK with Dykes because I KNOW he’s an upgrade over what we are currently. Is he a high upside type home run run? Entirely possible he isn’t. But I’m confident he’s a solid bet to be a 8-4 type guy that will occasionally be better. Key to him is getting the key components to his staff to join him.
Defensive staff. That’s the one concern I would have. Just seems like he’s coached in too many 55-45 type games and basically tries to outscore people. I’m no fan of that kind of football.