• The KillerFrogs

The ol' controversy....

Horny4TCU

Sitting or Standing?

Many of the East siders will be on the West side now, will they stand or will we have issues with them getting people kicked out for being to noisy?

frogtwang

I understand that not everyone enjoys standing and cheering during the game. But having people kicked out for being too noisy is absurd. There is no such thing as being too noisy at a football game. It's not a golf tournament.

TCUdirtbag

And why would East Siders be moving to the West Side? That side is half gone. I'll still stand 80% of the time and cheer loudly for my team. If someone tries to get me thrown out for being a fan I'll lose it. If you're going to [Rod Gilmore] about supportive fans, stay home and watch the television.

I do expect more confrontation, though, as many young alums aren't used to sitting in their assigned seats on the east side. The stadium will be so full that there could be issues. Then again, half the young alums wander into the student section anyway.

Deep Purple

I understand that not everyone enjoys standing and cheering during the game. But having people kicked out for being too noisy is absurd. There is no such thing as being too noisy at a football game. It's not a golf tournament.

I've never heard of anyone being kicked out of Amon Carter Stadium for standing or for cheering too loudly. Frankly, this scenario sounds apocryphal. Can you enlighten me as to where I'm wrong?

frogtwang

I've never heard of anyone being kicked out of Amon Carter Stadium for standing or for cheering too loudly. Frankly, this scenario sounds apocryphal. Can you enlighten me as to where I'm wrong?

I was referencing the OP statement. I haven't heard of it happening either.

Deep Purple

Got it. Apologies. I redirect the question to Horney4TCU. I've sat on the West side for many years, and in the last 5 years, I see many alums standing for extended periods and cheering loudly. In fact, I've done so myself. Yet I've never seen anyone kicked out for it. Where is this coming from?

tcumaniac

With two jumbotrons, just play this before every 3rd down and after every TCU score...

This is actually a very good idea... except you don't realize it. They do need to play it on third downs, but on OUR 3rd downs. There are so many morons that start waving their little #3 and start cheering really loudly on 3rd down when we have the ball.

dkfrog

This is actually a very good idea... except you don't realize it. They do need to play it on third downs, but on OUR 3rd downs. There are so many morons that start waving their little #3 and start cheering really loudly on 3rd down when we have the ball.

We could just plan on never getting to 3rd down offensively...

Horny4TCU

I've seen only a few instances on the west side where people have been asked to sit down... Mainly people next to the student section sitting on their butts, then getting the cops or yellow shirts to get the students to move... I didn't see it so much last year. However on the east side I hear this is a common occurrence. Some other members on this board have told of their problems with east siders getting them kicked out for standing

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass

I did have it happen to me at the Cowboys game. Me and an Oregon State fan had been mixing it up all game. Friendly trash talk, no cussing or anything of that nature. 2 old TCU fans (3 rows down) called security on me. They were going to kick me out until some other people came to my defense saying I had done nothing wrong and was just yelling for my team. Old TCU fans told the guy that I was screaming in their ear. Couldn't figure out how that was possible with them being 3 rows down. Security guard stood beside me and babysat me for almost the entire 4th. SMH.

RaiderHater

The problem I have is that whenever a big play happens every one stands up. And since we score alot and have alot of big defensive plays. There is alot of standing-sitting-standing-sitting-standing-sitting. It drives me crazy!

It takes alot less energy to stay standing for a couple of hours than getting up and down every 2 minutes. I definitely prefer standing.

frogtwang

The problem I have is that whenever a big play happens every one stands up. And since we score alot and have alot of big defensive plays. There is alot of standing-sitting-standing-sitting-standing-sitting. It drives me crazy!

It takes alot less energy to stay standing for a couple of hours than getting up and down every 2 minutes. I definitely prefer standing.
I agree, would rather stay standing than have to get up and down. Out of respect for those seated around me on the west side I do my best to only stand when appropriate.

weklfrog

I agree, would rather stay standing than have to get up and down. Out of respect for those seated around me on the west side I do my best to only stand when appropriate.
Exactly. I do not want to stand the whole game and it gets difficult to do so with bad hips, knees and back. There is an older gentleman seated right behind me who brings a walker. He is not capable of standing the whole game or sitting and standing and sitting. It would be extremely rude of me to stand the whole game or even during the exciting plays and block his view. He probably paid more for his tix than I did. Fortunately, my seat is at the end of a row and when I stand I step into the aisle a bit to not block his view.