• The KillerFrogs

The [ Finebaum ] Known as SoFi Stadium

That includes your roads and highways. Last night driving in the rain I became aware of how much I underestimate the roads we have in Texas. I think California doesn't know there are things called lane reflectors they can use along with reflective paint to mark the lanes. Driving was like a guessing game.. am I in my lane or straddling two lanes?

And their roads are not crowned so water just pools

LisaLT

They will play hundreds of games in that stadium and I doubt it rains like that more than once.
Also, food in stadium was excellent for stadium food.
That is true. The odd chance of rain is soooo limited in SoCal, they don't really factor that into the equation. But this time of the year - Jan, Feb and March, the probability does increase.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I really enjoyed the 2005 Houston Bowl. Of course we had Club seats for that one

I had seats right behind the TCU bench that I somehow snagged on EBAY. We have fond memories of that game. Probably third best TCU bowl game we have attended after the Rose and this year's Fiesta.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
That is true. The odd chance of rain is soooo limited in SoCal, they don't really factor that into the equation. But this time of the year - Jan, Feb and March, the probability does increase.

I was wondering why I saw and heard a bazillion ads for attorney Sweet James. After being in SOFI, the slip and fall capital of North America, I now understand.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
From incoming water all over the place, to wet floors, to a confusing video board, to impossible egress and ingress just getting TO the stadium, much less in it, I thought the whole stadium was ridiculous.

I used to think Jerry World was one of the worst sporting venues I've ever seen but it blows SoFi away. Hopefully LA is taken out of the national championship rotation.
Hahahaha amen. I was looking forward to seeing this supposed architectural wonder. However, it sucked. Parking, bathroom placement, leaking room barn feel. That stadium is a disaster. It was like partially made.

James Penny

Man... To each their own. We loved the stadium and had a great experience. I personally dislike domes. Thought SoFi was a great compromise of an outdoor stadium that is (mostly) covered.

I guess it all depends on your timing and location? We got wet, but not too much. Floors were certainly wet, but it's a stadium open to the elements. Parking wasn't bad (pink lot) for a huge event and we got in and out pretty smoothly. And we thought navigating the stadium was pretty spacious and relatively well designed.

Maybe we were just lucky compared to others, but I loved the stadium and experience.

Virginia Frog

Honestly, after attending this game and spending way more money than it was worth, I think I'd rather watch on a nice big TV in the comfort of my home. These types of games are a mess on so many levels.
I believe this is the way of the future.

In 80K+ Stadiums (pro, that is) they have a hard time filling them all for every game (the prices can be outrageous even for nose bleed views.)

The new "Redskins/Commanders" stadium (MD, DC and VA are jockeying for the project - they want it done by '28) looks to be "more intimate"/human - more on the order of 60K+. People in this area just loved the RFK experience from 1961-95 (55K), close-in and really noisy on game day. The "smallness" (de facto rationing) created ticket demand and season ticket holders were respected. The replacement Jack Kent Cook now FedEx has been mostly a fail for the organization.

I believe this is the way of the future.

In 80K+ Stadiums (pro, that is) they have a hard time filling them all for every game (the prices can be outrageous even for nose bleed views.)

The new "Redskins/Commanders" stadium (MD, DC and VA are jockeying for the project - they want it done by '28) looks to be "more intimate"/human - more on the order of 60K+. People in this area just loved the RFK experience from 1961-95 (55K), close-in and really noisy on game day. The "smallness" (de facto rationing) created ticket demand and season ticket holders were respected. The replacement Jack Kent Cook now FedEx has been mostly a fail for the organization.

As we get to the 12 team playoff you'll start to see empty seats for the quarterfinal games. With the cost of tickets and then last minute flights it's hard to keep this up on an annual basis. Wish they would let teams host until the semis.

As we get to the 12 team playoff you'll start to see empty seats for the quarterfinal games. With the cost of tickets and then last minute flights it's hard to keep this up on an annual basis. Wish they would let teams host until the semis.
It is not an economically feasible model for most if you make a regular appearance. I cannot tell you how many ppl my age reached into emergency savings to take their families.

East Coast

Tier 1
Nothing in LA is designed with bad weather in mind. That is the problem. When it does actually rain, its a real [ Finebaum ] show. We left early - at the start of the 4th quarter when it was OBVIOUS the game was well past over, and did not have too much trouble leaving. I was super happy we drove there. Waiting for ride shares in driving rain would be horrible.

Honestly, after attending this game and spending way more money than it was worth, I think I'd rather watch on a nice big TV in the comfort of my home. These types of games are a mess on so many levels.
The Fiesta Bowl was worth every penny we spent on it. Unfortunately the weather and this game was the worst case of suck.

Outback Frog

Outside of the weather and losing the game badly, everything else about the trip to LA was enjoyable. Been to California a lot and you just roll with it. They have the best drivers in the world on the freeways. People don't drive crazy ass fast! They use turn signals changing lanes! They don't ride your ass! Every Cali person I interacted with couldn't have been nicer. Despite the slick floors because of a crazy weather event, I will take SoFi over Jerry World every time!

Klaw

That includes your roads and highways. Last night driving in the rain I became aware of how much I underestimate the roads we have in Texas. I think California doesn't know there are things called lane reflectors they can use along with reflective paint to mark the lanes. Driving was like a guessing game.. am I in my lane or straddling two lanes?
Yes, my wife and I said the same thing plus their freeways lack road lighting

Purple Hearted

You just think that because of the giant video boards

IMO, Jerry World is a terrible place to watch a game
The only thing that SoFi has over Jerry World is ease of entry. Was quick and painless though the negative side of that is that the security were the least discerning security I've seen at a stadium in years. That being said, Jerry World is better than SoFi in every measurable way (with the obligatory caveat of IMO).

Beside the slick concourses, was anyone else surprised at how narrow they were?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The only thing that SoFi has over Jerry World is ease of entry. Was quick and painless though the negative side of that is that the security were the least discerning security I've seen at a stadium in years. That being said, Jerry World is better than SoFi in every measurable way.

Beside the slick concourses, was anyone else surprised at how narrow they were?
Both are soulless and located in boring areas. Give me a stadium with something to do around it every single time. Shopping at Walmart across the street does not count