• The KillerFrogs

The Dominion Post: Holgorsen takes high road with refs

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Dominion Post: Holgorsen takes high road with refs

BY SEAN MANNING
The Dominion Post

MORGANTOWN — WVU cornerback Elijah Battle appeared to make an interception on an arrant pass from TCU quarterback Kenny Hill late in the fourth quarter.

Battle caught the ball near the pylon, had a slight bobble and tapped his feet down, and the side judge ruled the catch was good and it was WVU ball. With the score tied, 24-24, and the Horned Frogs were driving into WVU territory, it was a huge stop for the Mountaineers’ defense.

That was until the play was reviewed. The replay officials determined that Battle regained possession after his right foot touched out of bounds.

Read more at http://www.dominionpost.com/Holgorsen-takes-high-road-with-o

StinnettFrog

I watched replay when I got home 2 very obvious pick plays when ball was thrown past line of scrimmage. Holding especially on boesen a few times. Turnovers were reviewed and correct. James did have a hand grabbing at jersey as their receiver two hand shoved him off. I could see that one called both ways.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I'm not sure what angle that writer has that no one else did, because that clearly wasn't a caught ball for an interception.

MTfrog5

I'll say it again. He's my favorite coach outside of TCU in the country. He knows his team got away with calls all game. He's not going to complain especially when they had to settle for two short FG in the first half. Refs didn't have anything to do with that

TCUWIN

That was terrible officiating crew. Not sure what it takes to get an offensive holding call but their OL was pulling off jerseys and tackling people all day without one flag that I recall.
Both coaches have complaints. I am a Frog so I didn't really see where wvu can complain. So many calls went there way. Official review saved the crew so many embarrassing calls. So wvu should have had 20 penalties at least, but 2 or 3 were called. The officials were terrible. Big 12 should be embarrassed with the jv caliber officials they employ.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Honestly it was hard to see the catch or the bobble on the replay from the press box TVs given the considerable amount of glare (why they mount them so close to fluorescent lights I'll never know). But I could see the feet and he had just a fraction of a second to gain possession after his foot hit out of bounds. I'll trust the replay booth on that one, even though I was thinking it was going to go against us.

Pharm Frog

Just being picky here but I'm not sure this is the "high road". It seems to me like more of an upper-middle road...perhaps a country road.

“I won’t talk about the officials, ever,” Holgorsen said. “I’d like to, but I don’t want to."

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
You can ask my GF - about 8 times yesterday, I says to the TV I says "That's holding!!" when our ends would get grabbed when trying to pass rush. Usually came about 1.5 seconds before they completed a pass or ran for a good gain.

TK2000

You have to watch the OPI in real time speed. In slow motion it doesn't look like OPI and more like a jersey tug. But in real time you can see his slight push on the shoulder is what gives him separation then our CB snags his jersey

Frog-in-law1995

You have to watch the OPI in real time speed. In slow motion it doesn't look like OPI and more like a jersey tug. But in real time you can see his slight push on the shoulder is what gives him separation then our CB snags his jersey

They also don’t seem to have a camera that caputured Sills’ right hand reach up to James’ shoulder and push. The 300-level west side camera on the south 25 yard line was the camera used for the wide primary TV shot, and it doesn’t show the magnitude of the push as it was almost directly behind Sills’ back at that time. The field-level end zone cameras used for replays didn’t catch the start of the push at all.