• The KillerFrogs

The Altoona Mirror: Helsel decommits from TCU, picks Ole Miss

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sounded to me like he was perhaps just repeating a line that the Ole Miss coaching staff gave him....."son, you don't really want to play baseball in the Big East do you?"

But they would have used the same line on him about the MWC, right?

He had a change of heart. Eh. Good luck to him. He can enjoy watching us in the CWS from the comfy confines of his Ole Miss athletic dorm. :rolleyes:

Scarface

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1302496861' post='814437']
Yeah, really. Anyone that doesn't think Ole Miss has a ton of gorgeous women not only has never been there and is talking out of their arse, but they also clearly don't know too much about football traditions. Tailgating amongst the parade of gorgeous women in the grove at Ole Miss is one of the most well-known college football pregame traditions in existence, and old money debutants from all over the south flock to Ole Miss and their well-stocked sororities.[/quote]

What old money? You're talking about Mississippi, the poorest state in the USA, along with the backward mentality of the Appalachian Mountains and the big river delta!
It's all bull and your post is a joke!
Every SEC school tries to play the same song.
We even listened to the same type of crap about the country girl southern bells that attended Southern Miss when we were in C-USA.
This kid may be a small-town midwest hick who prefers cute 18 year old hillbilly girls over more beautiful and better kept private school girls from wealthier families. To each his own. Maybe he doesn't like big cities.
I will say that there are very few girls who are planning to attend state school Ole Miss who wouldn't rather be going to a private school like TCU, Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. If you don't believe this then you don't know everything about women you think you do.

Anyway, if Schloss cared that much he wouldn't have lost the kid to a school like Ole Miss.

Go Frogs!

YCBJ Frog

What old money? You're talking about Mississippi, the poorest state in the USA, along with the backward mentality of the Appalachian Mountains and the big river delta!
It's all bull and your post is a joke!
Every SEC school tries to play the same song.
We even listened to the same type of crap about the country girl southern bells that attended Southern Miss when we were in C-USA.
This kid may be a small-town midwest hick who prefers cute 18 year old hillbilly girls over more beautiful and better kept private school girls from wealthier families. To each his own. Maybe he doesn't like big cities.
I will say that there are very few girls who are planning to attend state school Ole Miss who wouldn't rather be going to a private school like TCU, Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. If you don't believe this then you don't know everything about women you think you do.

Anyway, if Schloss cared that much he wouldn't have lost the kid to a school like Ole Miss.

Go Frogs!

Dude, your post is straight ignorance. I grew up in uptown New Orleans going to school with girls from wealthy families whose only goal in life was to go to Ole Miss, join a sorority, and get married to another trust fund kid straight out of college. The per capita income of the state of Mississippi has nothing to do the money that goes through Ole Miss, because a ton of their students come from wealthy families from neighboring states that for some reason have sent their kids to Ole Miss for generations. If you don't believe me, next time you come to New Orleans drive up and down St. Charles Avenue and the rest of uptown and look at how many cars in the driveways of mansions have Ole Miss plates or stickers on them. Despite the fact that Tulane and Loyola are in the neighborhood that I'm talking about and LSU is much closer, Ole Miss outnumbers all three of them--possibly combined. Regardless of that, the top few percent of the income spectrum of the state of Mississippi probably all send their kids to Ole Miss, and it is a small enough school for that to make up a significant chunk of the student population.

If you think the state of Mississippi being poor is in any way reflected at Ole Miss, go to a football game. Based on how ignorant you seem to be on this, you will be astounded at the ridiculousness of their football traditions. I'm talking about young men at the grove in coat-and-tie (probably seersucker), every girl in a sun dress past her knees, chandeliers hanging in tailgating tents, silver chafing dishes, fine china, white-gloved servers... it's idiotically overdone and the entire rest of the SEC makes fun of them (except UGA who tries to emulate them).

Do yourself a favor and google "Ole miss the grove" and check out the images. I bet you won't have the guts to post again in this thread.

Houston Frog

One of my best friends from HS went to Ole Miss, and I went as her date to the wedding of one of her sorority sisters..... it was unreal the amount of beautiful blondes in attendance, all of whom were Ole Miss grads

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Ole Miss is full of smoking-hot chicks

olemiss.jpg

bumblebeetuna

I would like to time machine back in time and go to ole miss for at least a couple years and transfer to TCU later after seeing that picture.... sloots sloots sloots. Gotta love'em

leofrog

Well, we should be seeing the kid in the next couple of years, as we are supposed to start a 2 or 4 year series with them next year I believe.

Scarface

Loser:

The Univ of Mississippi has a total endowment fund of $370 Million. TCU's is roughly three times as much. So where is all of the old money you are refering to.

TCU is also Tier 1 and Ole Miss is not. Tier 1 means being in US News and World Report's top 5 percent of the nation's colleges and universities.

After Jacksonville, Florida, the City of New Orleans has to have the ugliest women for any big city in the south. And you claim the Big Easy is full of girls who go or went to Ole Miss.

Who cares about your stupid tail-gate based impressions.

Even the most cherished little southern bells from Ole Miss could never compete with the long-limbed Texas beauty queens you see so often at TCU. No way!

Go Frogs!

McFroggin

Those days are over. Ole Miss ain't what it used to be. Go check it out for yourself. Any school has a few nice girls if you look around, but Ole Miss wouldn't be in my top 50. For every good looking girl with money, Ole Miss has hundreds that are poor and ugly.

YCBJ Frog

I will respond to your stupidity in parts.

Great start to your post. Good luck on the SAT, kid!

The Univ of Mississippi has a total endowment fund of $370 Million. TCU's is roughly three times as much. So where is all of the old money you are refering to.

Okay, so they don't have as big of an endowment as TCU does... just like most of the colleges in the country and the majority of public colleges. That's a great point to bring up when we are talking about the attractiveness of sorority girls and clearly supports your argument that all the women at Ole Miss are toothless, since their very insufficient student dental plan is covered from their meager endowment.

p.s. - their endowment is on par with literally dozens of other large state schools, despite Mississippi being the poorest state in the country and their school having the least support of any public university system by tax dollars spent per student. Not that it's in any way relevant.

TCU is also Tier 1 and Ole Miss is not. Tier 1 means being in US News and World Report's top 5 percent of the nation's colleges and universities.

That's great, and is one of the reasons I went to TCU and not somewhere else (not that Ole Miss was ever in contention). TCU also gives out a huge amount of scholarship and financial aid funds per student, which was another really attractive thing for me. Regardless, I don't see how this has anything to do with your argument that Ole Miss has no attractive women.

After Jacksonville, Florida, the City of New Orleans has to have the ugliest women for any big city in the south. And you claim the Big Easy is full of girls who go or went to Ole Miss.

Yep. New Orleans is a predominately poor, minority, and overweight city just like much of the DFW metroplex. However, we're talking about predominately white girls from affluent families when we talk about the girls that join sororities from both metro areas, so the attractiveness of the women of the city on the whole is not really relevant considering there is such a dichotomy of the demographics. New Orleans also supplies the majority of the sorority girls at LSU, which like both TCU and Ole Miss are quite impressive. UT, TAMU, SMU, Baylor, and OU also have some pretty smokin co-eds I'm sure, and a lot of them are from the metroplex. This is really crazy... you'll never believe it: when you put a lot of people in an area, like a city, there's going to be a lot of attractive women that come out of it. Awesome, isn't it? Yeah, I think so too.

Who cares about your stupid tail-gate based impressions.

Yeah, hundreds of pictures of innumerable attractive women at Ole Miss tailgates when you said that such creatures don't exist have no place in this discussion. My bad.

The most attractive southern belles from Ole Miss could never compete with the long-legged beauty queens you see at TCU.

Hard to say. I'm sure in any given year in some sororities they have us, and in some others we have them. Same goes if we want to compare the very cream of the crop in any given year, like say the top 10 best of each--they probably have us beat sometimes and we probably have them beat sometimes, considering that it would only take a few really hot girls to tip the scales one way or another. All I know is that when I'm on either campus, I usually end up having to ice my neck from all the head-turners.

I will admit defeat in this argument if you can find a single ranking of colleges by the attractiveness of their women that doesn't have Ole Miss at least decently ranked. I've found dozens of them with a quick google search that has them in the top 10 (LSU is also well-represented... not bad considering most of their girls come from what you call the city with the second ugliest women in the south).
I'm sure there will be some rankings where Ole Miss is ahead of TCU, and some where we are ahead of Ole Miss, but considering you were saying that Ole Miss has no attractive women, I think the point will be made when you see how many neutral observers have ended up with neck injuries like mine after visiting their campus.

Now, go do your geometry homework, kid.

YCBJ Frog

Those days are over. Ole Miss ain't what it used to be. Go check it out for yourself. Any school has a few nice girls if you look around, but Ole Miss wouldn't be in my top 50. For every good looking girl with money, Ole Miss has hundreds that are poor and ugly.

Ole Miss isn't that big of a school (less than double the size of TCU) and they have hundreds of attractive sorority girls, so unless their school has ballooned to the population of a medium-sized city, I doubt the ratio is 1 to (hundreds). But yeah, there are definitely some mouth breaters wandering around that campus... it's Mississippi. Sorority row and "The Grove" are a different story though--the same can be said for TCU, we just only choose to acknowledge the attractive ones (because the other ones don't count as people).