• The KillerFrogs

Tech officially hires Fitch

TRF51

Seems like he was a good dude and a good recruiter. His position group has been bad for a while. I hope he does well there but I am also excited to see what the new guy can do here.

gofor2

Their problems were much more on the back end. A stubborn old school DC trying to play a scheme he didn’t have the personnel to run. I think we got a huge upgrade on the DL.
I saw they were horrid in the secondary, like 110th in opponent ypg.
Of course the units are not independent of each other. Oftentimes, if the DL is not getting pressure on the QB, the secondary gets abused. How much that factored in with SMU's defensive secondary suckage I am unsure. You are saying the DC was running the wrong scheme, so thats a good part of it right.

allclearforfrogs

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but his unit has been in decline the last few years. New DL coach coming over from SMU is widely considered to be one of the rising young defensive coaches in the game.
I'm glad someone else said it. Fitch was a great player for us and what I can tell a great person. However, I am honestly a bit perplexed that he was able to land this type of job. Our D-line has not been good since he took over. I think maybe it was his experience as a recruiter. I'm glad he got this opportunity.

Eight

I can't speak for other people, but I know a change was needed.
I take issue with making a change to hire 'meh'. hopefully the results prove me wrong.

the change was made for the potential offered by a new , new ideas, and new coaches and not what sonny had or had not done