• The KillerFrogs

TCU's Pro Day

PurplFrawg

Administrator
BECAUSE ONLY FIVE PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT IN OVER A DECADE, YOU JACKHOLE!

referee-offsidesignal.gif

Froger

Great job by TCU on PRO Day yesterday. Tons of scouts to check out the Sr. TCU staff did a fantastic job for the players and family. I don't know all the numbers, but these guys stood out to me

Patrick Morris - Looked fantastic. I was impressed with all the linemen. But he stood out big time. He was big, fast, athletic - I got to think he made a great impression on the scouts. He was fantastic in drills, his movement stood out - very very impressive.

Wide Receivers - Williams, Diarse and Porter looked very good, especially on the deep balls. Those 3 looked like NFL WR. Diarse looked strong. The urgency and route running looked impressive. They made some great catches - missed a few opportunites to make some even better catches. Dez White also look like he could play a slot WR. He was fast, only thing, he dropped a few balls. Ty also looked good. He is big, or bigger than I've seen in the past. Overall, I thought the WR group looked pretty good.

Travin Howard - Looked very prepared,was sharp in his drills. I was impressed with his quickness - I would be interested to see his 40. But Travin was Travin. Sammy Douglas size was impressive, he looked a little un-coordinated. I think Sammy would have been better in a combine environment where they focus on linebackers. I thought what they made him do, was a bit tough on him. He looks good.

Nick Orr - He also looked very good. He drilled with Ranthony, Travin, Sammy and I don't know the name of the safety. The problem with this group IMO was they were drilling with Ranthony Texada who's feet, hips and quickness just simply outshined the group. But Nick looks like he can play Nickel, not sure the outside and maybe free safety. Very good hands and good feet. He weigh in at 179. I think he is a better Safety, but I was surprised at his weight.

TE - The Hunt kid looked very smooth to me. I don't think he dropped a ball. Nice size, looks like he could bulk up a little more, but he definitely can move. I think he gave a good impression.

Ranthony Texada - we don't know what his 1st 40 was, but he was one of the last ones to run. His run created excitement in the building where TCUs PRO players were high fiving each other. Almost like a standing ovation. I heard some people say 4.39, I heard others say 4.46. I don't think you get that kind of reaction off a high 4.4 run. Derek Kindred said he heard multiple people say 4.39. I even heard 4.27. He was by far the best driller in the building and it wasn't even close. I was told that if he was at NFL combine, he would have been a top performer (Top 10) in 3-cone, 20 yard shuttle and 40 and the bench reps if he had one more - he did 14 which was very impressive for his size. He weighed in at 180.

Kenny Hill - Kenny was not bad, in fact, I could see him being a backup or getting a free agent try. He threw the deep ball very wll. His inside throws were a little inconsistent, looks like the ball rolled off his hands a few times. But he was on point on his sideline and deep balls. I got to think before today, he was nowhere on the list, after today, he is worth of a workout.

D-Line, I just not sure they did enough with those guys. They were at the very end where it looks like the scouts or most of the scouts lost interest. But there feet in the matt drills looked very good

In wrap up, just wanted to give interested fans just one guys view. TCU players overall looked good, I can understand why so many scouts showed up after 98% of these guys didn't get the opportunity to play in bowl games and attend the combine. Keep in mind, the cards where stacked against them as they only got one shot at 3 cone, shuttle, vert etc. Hopefully this gives you all some ideas of how our kids did. Also I heard it does not matter what TCU puts down for 40 times, the official list comes from the NFL - APT guy - whatever he has, that's what goes to NFL teams. I was told that by a guy who worked in those circles.

MTfrog5

Great job by TCU on PRO Day yesterday. Tons of scouts to check out the Sr. TCU staff did a fantastic job for the players and family. I don't know all the numbers, but these guys stood out to me

Patrick Morris - Looked fantastic. I was impressed with all the linemen. But he stood out big time. He was big, fast, athletic - I got to think he made a great impression on the scouts. He was fantastic in drills, his movement stood out - very very impressive.

Wide Receivers - Williams, Diarse and Porter looked very good, especially on the deep balls. Those 3 looked like NFL WR. Diarse looked strong. The urgency and route running looked impressive. They made some great catches - missed a few opportunites to make some even better catches. Dez White also look like he could play a slot WR. He was fast, only thing, he dropped a few balls. Ty also looked good. He is big, or bigger than I've seen in the past. Overall, I thought the WR group looked pretty good.

Travin Howard - Looked very prepared,was sharp in his drills. I was impressed with his quickness - I would be interested to see his 40. But Travin was Travin. Sammy Douglas size was impressive, he looked a little un-coordinated. I think Sammy would have been better in a combine environment where they focus on linebackers. I thought what they made him do, was a bit tough on him. He looks good.

Nick Orr - He also looked very good. He drilled with Ranthony, Travin, Sammy and I don't know the name of the safety. The problem with this group IMO was they were drilling with Ranthony Texada who's feet, hips and quickness just simply outshined the group. But Nick looks like he can play Nickel, not sure the outside and maybe free safety. Very good hands and good feet. He weigh in at 179. I think he is a better Safety, but I was surprised at his weight.

TE - The Hunt kid looked very smooth to me. I don't think he dropped a ball. Nice size, looks like he could bulk up a little more, but he definitely can move. I think he gave a good impression.

Ranthony Texada - we don't know what his 1st 40 was, but he was one of the last ones to run. His run created excitement in the building where TCUs PRO players were high fiving each other. Almost like a standing ovation. I heard some people say 4.39, I heard others say 4.46. I don't think you get that kind of reaction off a high 4.4 run. Derek Kindred said he heard multiple people say 4.39. I even heard 4.27. He was by far the best driller in the building and it wasn't even close. I was told that if he was at NFL combine, he would have been a top performer (Top 10) in 3-cone, 20 yard shuttle and 40 and the bench reps if he had one more - he did 14 which was very impressive for his size. He weighed in at 180.

Kenny Hill - Kenny was not bad, in fact, I could see him being a backup or getting a free agent try. He threw the deep ball very wll. His inside throws were a little inconsistent, looks like the ball rolled off his hands a few times. But he was on point on his sideline and deep balls. I got to think before today, he was nowhere on the list, after today, he is worth of a workout.

D-Line, I just not sure they did enough with those guys. They were at the very end where it looks like the scouts or most of the scouts lost interest. But there feet in the matt drills looked very good

In wrap up, just wanted to give interested fans just one guys view. TCU players overall looked good, I can understand why so many scouts showed up after 98% of these guys didn't get the opportunity to play in bowl games and attend the combine. Keep in mind, the cards where stacked against them as they only got one shot at 3 cone, shuttle, vert etc. Hopefully this gives you all some ideas of how our kids did. Also I heard it does not matter what TCU puts down for 40 times, the official list comes from the NFL - APT guy - whatever he has, that's what goes to NFL teams. I was told that by a guy who worked in those circles.
I think we all really appreciate some actual news from the pro day!

Hughes Your Daddy

You are the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved.

Thanks for some actual pro day news.

SuperTFrog

A while back someone brought up your like ratio (how many likes you have per number of posts). Some people were at 1, others were at 1.25, others were below 1. What do you think Eight’s like ratio is on this thread? I personally think the people on this board are relatively intelligent and when literally no one supports you (reference TCUOwnsTheBig12) you can rest assured that you are the ass clown and not everybody else on the board.

If you choose to believe that you have it right and every single other person has it wrong, then your deduction skills are in par with a 3 year old.

LisaLT

What an excellent recap. Thank you! I could see Texada, Morris, Howard and possibly Diarse getting drafted. What about Matt Pryor? How did he fair?