• The KillerFrogs

TCU's Pro Day

Wexahu

No idea. He played so little his last two years here I almost felt like he never played a down. So unfortunate because he was nails three years ago. Was definitely a fan of his. Hopefully he can carve out a 5-6 year NFL career on ST or practice squad.

He had a very strange career. I know he was dinged up some of the time, but it seemed like on more than a few occasions he'd get in early in a game, even start sometimes, and then by the 2nd half he'd look like a walk-on standing on the sidelines with his helmet off with no intention of playing. I don't think he was always injured either, it was just a very strange way he was used.

Planks

I’m interested in what Texada’s shuttle time will be. That will be the metric that could really help him stand out.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
He had a very strange career. I know he was dinged up some of the time, but it seemed like on more than a few occasions he'd get in early in a game, even start sometimes, and then by the 2nd half he'd look like a walk-on standing on the sidelines with his helmet off with no intention of playing. I don't think he was always injured either, it was just a very strange way he was used.
I think he was just a casualty of injuries and TCU getting better players. He seemed to have had the respect of every coach and player on the team and could help in some ways but just wasn't the dynamic playmaker that some of those other guys at his position were

Eight

ty is one of those very rare kids who has played in 5 different seasons. know the family a bit and good kid from what i know, just never seemed to match that 2014 season

TRF51

Interested in how Nick Orr does, he has the flexibility to play saftey or corner. If he runs well I could see him getting drafted.

LexiMax

The only guy who will drafted is Noteboom. 2nd-4th round. Maybe Howard. I like Tex. Great kid. Won’t get drafted. Same with Bosen.

SuperTFrog

The only guy who will drafted is Noteboom. 2nd-4th round. Maybe Howard. I like Tex. Great kid. Won’t get drafted. Same with Bosen.
Unfortunately, I think you are right. That will undoubtedly hurt recruiting as the biggest pitch for an 18 yr old is getting them in the league.

Froger

my biggest concern with ranthony is not how fast he runs but whether teams feel he will be able to physically hold up. jv is bigger than ranthony and has struggled to still healthy in the nfl, heck everyone struggles to stay healthy for a season in the nfl and the toll on a smaller guy is a real concern.

I heard from a reliable source that Texada put on 15 pounds. I think he has a lot in his favor - Lock down 1/2 field, started 43 games - durability, tons of film showing he can play outside or inside. Had his best games against top WR, Gary's defense is just like the NFL. Outside Corners on an island. Who in the country was better than Ranthony - No one. It's sad that he, Travon, Boreson and Nick got no marketing help after their bowl game. And the combine in my opinion was not all that impressive where these guys should not have been there. If Ranthony goes to PRO day and hit 4.3, he is gold. The concern was weight, not height. If he was a inch or two taller, he would be first round.

Froger

I enjoy sporting the purple glasses too, but you must be on some crazy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] to believe this

Name a CB in the country that was better?? Played the island, gave up 2 TD all year. Baker Mayfield destroyed defense but never challenged him. Has nothing to do with purple. All about productions on the field.

Eight

marketing help? i guess you are referring to these four players specifically not getting invited to the nfl combine?

SuperTFrog

Texada is not a 4.49 kid. I'm willing to bet ya he runs a 4.3. Lots of people double him and he just keeps on amazing - I heard he as gained 15 pounds since Jan. He hits 4.3, I bet he

My prediction - Nobody will out test Texada. No way he runs a 4.49.
Not trying to nitpick but are you saying he will run in the 4.3’s or he will run a 4.3? I could see him running in the 4.3’s (though I don’t think he will). I would be blown away if he runs a 4.3.

Hughes Your Daddy

Texada is not a 4.49 kid. I'm willing to bet ya he runs a 4.3. Lots of people double him and he just keeps on amazing - I heard he as gained 15 pounds since Jan. He hits 4.3, I bet he

My prediction - Nobody will out test Texada. No way he runs a 4.49.

Name a CB in the country that was better?? Played the island, gave up 2 TD all year. Baker Mayfield destroyed defense but never challenged him. Has nothing to do with purple. All about productions on the field.

Jesus dude, I love Texada but you're coming off as delusional. 4.30 40? Less than a dozen players since 2006 have hit 4.30 or better at the combine. A 4.40 would be a more realistic goal for him, one I would be thrilled if he hit.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of 3 players to have won both the Thorpe and Bednarick awards in the same season, and will likely be the first CB taken. Joshua Jackson led the league in passes defended and interceptions, and could push Fitzpatrick for that top spot. Denzel Ward has the makings of a true lock down corner at the next level.

I'd say 30 defensive backs get drafted this this year, and unless Texada blows the scouts away with your expected 4.30 40, I would be surprised if he was one of them. I've been of the belief our secondary has been one of our weaker units since Verrett left, which wouldn't be the case if we had the best CB in the country.

Froger

Jesus dude, I love Texada but you're coming off as delusional. 4.30 40? Less than a dozen players since 2006 have hit 4.30 or better at the combine. A 4.40 would be a more realistic goal for him, one I would be thrilled if he hit.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of 3 players to have won both the Thorpe and Bednarick awards in the same season, and will likely be the first CB taken. Joshua Jackson led the league in passes defended and interceptions, and could push Fitzpatrick for that top spot. Denzel Ward has the makings of a true lock down corner at the next level.

I'd say 30 defensive backs get drafted this this year, and unless Texada blows the scouts away with your expected 4.30 40, I would be surprised if he was one of them. I've been of the belief our secondary has been one of our weaker units since Verrett left, which wouldn't be the case if we had the best CB in the country.

Let's see - Big 10, what elite WR did Jackson line up against. One year wonder right? Plenty of zone coverage and plenty of 3rd and 10's. Minkah, if I had the D - line and the media backing he had, no wonder you can sit back and make plays. Denzel - Go compare his starts and Stats to Texada. If your TCU Secondary is the weaker unit - it was not because of him. It was the weaker unit in 2015 when he went down with an ACL. Hi, no need to get upset, it's all a good debate. But let's see, you miss Jason right. Well, who replaced him in 2014 and the TCU defense didn't miss a beat. 12-1, Peach Bowl champs. And how many passes did Baker Mayfield throw at Texada - 2 in 2 games. He is as good as any corner you listed, just don't have the media and fan backing.

Wexahu

Texada was very very good this past year IMO, better than most people give him credit for. I don't know if he's an NFL player though. I'm a little surprised he's not seen as a better prospect than what he is, but he's got a pretty small frame, I'm sure that's 90% of it. At his size he's probably too small to play special teams so he'd have to be a pretty regular almost every-down player to make it. That special teams stuff is overlooked as far as guys chances of sticking in the league, with only 45 active on gameday if you can't play special teams you better be playing a lot otherwise or there's just no room.