• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs La Tech Zoom

don

LA Tech - They have a good football team. We need to get ready to play.

Challenge with only 10 days notice? - Usually we only have 7 days. We had game film on day we signed with them. They had more time playing on Thursday,

Comparable to Big 12 O - scheme wise, Texas Tech with their 4 wides. usually 10 personnel throwing ball. All the run and shoot, screens, throw verticals, have to get ready to play.

On D, they play hard. very physical. This ball game will be all we want.

Players from LA, more excited? I don't know. Haven't talked to them since they have Mondays off.

Tucker / RB? Only had been averaging 90 yards a game coming into University of North Texas. They use short passing game as their running game. Lot of work to do.

Excited for chance to be 6-4 after starting 1-3. Everything good after tests yesterday. Better bowl game.

Winning record? lost 2 one score games. Only have 8/9 seniors. We fought back. We didn't play great on D, played hard.

don

OSU did a lot of stuff they hadn't shown. We gave up 16 points on D. I'd take that as a positive.

Recruiting / CoVid? You don't get a chance to meet in person. we are a great sell when we get them on campus. its a disadvantage to us. We like the group that's committed to us. will be interesting with transfer process.

We had a lot of kids here on junior days last january. its a very athletic 2022 class.

Tomlinson, Other corners / Modkins coaching? I wouldn't say we have been playing great. Gave up 5 TDs last 3 weeks. In our system, lot of reward, but a lot asked. Have to be athletic but technically sound. Thats why we coach 5 guys (secondary) with 3 coaches.

Fumbles? Obviously Ok St saw something. We feel fortunate we won game.

Our group has been playing well the last 5/6 weeks. Didn't play with a lot of energy at W VA. Didn't play with a lot of emotion early in season. D is 75% effort to give yourself a chance. All the guys we have had down, interesting to see the success they have had.

2 100 yard receivers? - Anytime I do that it (praise them) jinxes them. Q able to come back, had fresh legs. Gives Max a lot of confidence.

bronco

What happened to the defensive player we got from LSU? I know he got hurt and tweeted he was leaving. Then I thought I saw a tweet that he was not leaving

Wexahu

What happened to the defensive player we got from LSU? I know he got hurt and tweeted he was leaving. Then I thought I saw a tweet that he was not leaving

Not sure, thought I saw him in uniform (in pads) at the KU game. I guess he was and maybe still is injured, but the whole saga seems a bit odd. If I had to guess its a case of a kid who needs to figure out where he wants to be and what he wants to be and then go forward.

Froggish

Not sure, thought I saw him in uniform (in pads) at the KU game. I guess he was and maybe still is injured, but the whole saga seems a bit odd. If I had to guess its a case of a kid who needs to figure out where he wants to be and what he wants to be and then go forward.

Had a PCL injury. Played special teams at KU and was on the sidelines for Ok St. still has a limp. Word on the street is mega athletic but he’s not picking up GPs scheme very well. He isn’t playing because he’s still learning

Pharm Frog

Had a PCL injury. Played special teams at KU and was on the sidelines for Ok St. still has a limp. Word on the street is mega athletic but he’s not picking up GPs scheme very well. He isn’t playing because he’s still learning

Smart enough to play in 11 games for a national championship team a year ago but not smart enough to play in GP’s defense. The modern NCAA football game with its immediacy is not something GP is suited for.

TCU_backer

This simply does not make sense. How can a kid go from playing at LSU in the SEC winning a National Championship, to TCU and not seeing the field because he can’t pick up our defense. Absolutely mind boggling.

Wexahu

This simply does not make sense. How can a kid go from playing at LSU in the SEC winning a National Championship, to TCU and not seeing the field because he can’t pick up our defense. Absolutely mind boggling.

I don’t believe a lot of the “word on the street” stuff. I remember when JuJuan Story and Omar Manning couldn’t be covered in practice. Maybe he just isn’t as good as the guys in front of him, but if he isn’t hurt it’s odd that GP can’t find a way to get him on the field at all.

CountryFrog

I can certainly buy the idea that he may have an injury that's slowed him down. I'm not sure about the rest of it because he was on the field early in the season. Does he understand the system less now than he did 2 months ago?

Now he may well be having some issues with learning the scheme. This is his 1st year and there was a very limited off-season to learn things. But if his level of understanding wasn't keeping him off the field in the first few games then why would it keep him off the field now?

Pharm Frog

I don’t believe a lot of the “word on the street” stuff. I remember when JuJuan Story and Omar Manning couldn’t be covered in practice. Maybe he just isn’t as good as the guys in front of him, but if he isn’t hurt it’s odd that GP can’t find a way to get him on the field at all.

I don’t find it odd at all.

CountryFrog

I feel like if Brooks is walking around with a limp the way someone said earlier then there is your answer. His whole thing right now is his ability to come off the edge and use his speed and athleticism to pressure the QB. Guys like that who are anything less than full speed don't tend to be very effective.

Wexahu

Manning never panned out, but Doo Doo Story was a blocking machine, and once ran over the entire SMU defense.

I don’t believe Manning has caught a pass this year for Nebraska, or even played in a game. Nagging injuries it sounds like. He’s one of those guys where it’s always something. He wasn’t even all that productive in HS or JUCO when he did play. Paper Tiger if there ever was one.

Froggish

Brooks himself has stated he had a PCL injury. I doubt he’s wearing that giant knee brace on the sidelines for the fun of it.

people forget that he was nothing more than a situational pass rusher at LSU. He didn’t see as many snaps there as TCU fans think. His reason for the learning issues are that they want to transition him to LB full time. Are you taking Wallow or Winters off the field to get a guy reps who has never had to cover anyone at the college level? I don’t think so.

He was a late transfer with about 2 weeks a fall camp, is learning a brand new position, and has a PCL injury and we have people around here calling him a bust???

Lot of stupidity regarding Brooks.