• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Kansas State

Eight

He has always played off the ball but we needed him at the point. I was telling people I didn’t see how he fit into this team but he hasn’t been that bad honestly.

I do wish FF got more run because he sees the floor better and plays just as good of defense.

don't think he has done poorly on the offensive end and i do think he has added something on the defensive end.

he is similar to rj in that when the ball is in their hands the first inclination is to shoot first and then pass where farabello is a pass first and shoot second player.

when the ball is moving and not sticking to one player this offense was at its best last year and i think the same is true this year.

will be interesting to see what unfolds over the next 6-7 games, who develops, do they frogs fall back into things that might be familiar, will especially be interesting when they play some of the upcoming teams that are very, very physical on defense

Purp

I don't think we're destined to be one of the worst in conference this year like several here have expressed. I think we have a clear top 4 in the conference, but of those 4 the only 2 I feel like we're totally unlikely to beat are Tech and WVU based on the pressure they apply for 40 minutes and our young team's proclivity for turnovers. We don't have an obscene turnover average, but I feel like the 4 games we play against Tech and WVU could end up averaging over 20 TOs.

I don't think it's likely that we beat Baylor or Kansas, but we've always been competitive with Kansas even when we had less talent. As Moose pointed out I can easily see us putting a solid game together with our talent against one of these teams and giving ourselves a chance at a win.

I feel like ISU and EMAW are a bit more of a known quantity now that we've played them and we all agree those games should be winnable games (especially at home against EMAW).

The remainder of the conference in OU, OSU, and Texas. I really think ISU with Halliburton (as someone else point out) is about as good as any of these teams. They're certainly capable of laying an egg, but also capable of winning games they shouldn't if certain bounces go the right way. I feel like we fit into that group.

If we think 8 conference wins gets us into the dance then we need to find 6 more. If we can steal one from the top 4 of the conference that means we need to find 5 more from our remaining 8 games against UT, OU, OSU, ISU, and EMAW. I don't feel like that is impossible or even unrealistic. We are better defensively this year and make things much harder on our opponents than years past. We have a lot more athleticism and raw talent than in years past. We seem to be showing improvement over the last few games and are on the right trajectory. We also have a burgeoning stud in RJ (my Brandon Parrish comparisons from last season are starting to look better and better) who can take some pressure off of Bane when we need to score the ball.

I'd argue that we have a chance to win every game this year where Bane and RJ both score 17+ and KS doesn't get in foul trouble (he's been surprisingly good about this so far in the season). The chances are even better when we're not playing one of the top 4 teams. I'm not predicting a tourney bid, but I wouldn't be honest if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't ear one. I think this team has enough going for it right now that we should be disappointed with less than the NCAAs.

MTfrog5

I don't think we're destined to be one of the worst in conference this year like several here have expressed. I think we have a clear top 4 in the conference, but of those 4 the only 2 I feel like we're totally unlikely to beat are Tech and WVU based on the pressure they apply for 40 minutes and our young team's proclivity for turnovers. We don't have an obscene turnover average, but I feel like the 4 games we play against Tech and WVU could end up averaging over 20 TOs.

I don't think it's likely that we beat Baylor or Kansas, but we've always been competitive with Kansas even when we had less talent. As Moose pointed out I can easily see us putting a solid game together with our talent against one of these teams and giving ourselves a chance at a win.

I feel like ISU and EMAW are a bit more of a known quantity now that we've played them and we all agree those games should be winnable games (especially at home against EMAW).

The remainder of the conference in OU, OSU, and Texas. I really think ISU with Halliburton (as someone else point out) is about as good as any of these teams. They're certainly capable of laying an egg, but also capable of winning games they shouldn't if certain bounces go the right way. I feel like we fit into that group.

If we think 8 conference wins gets us into the dance then we need to find 6 more. If we can steal one from the top 4 of the conference that means we need to find 5 more from our remaining 8 games against UT, OU, OSU, ISU, and EMAW. I don't feel like that is impossible or even unrealistic. We are better defensively this year and make things much harder on our opponents than years past. We have a lot more athleticism and raw talent than in years past. We seem to be showing improvement over the last few games and are on the right trajectory. We also have a burgeoning stud in RJ (my Brandon Parrish comparisons from last season are starting to look better and better) who can take some pressure off of Bane when we need to score the ball.

I'd argue that we have a chance to win every game this year where Bane and RJ both score 17+ and KS doesn't get in foul trouble (he's been surprisingly good about this so far in the season). The chances are even better when we're not playing one of the top 4 teams. I'm not predicting a tourney bid, but I wouldn't be honest if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't ear one. I think this team has enough going for it right now that we should be disappointed with less than the NCAAs.
8-10 will probably need a win against Arkansas imo. That Clemson lose will hurt us

Purp

8-10 will probably need a win against Arkansas imo. That Clemson lose will hurt us
I'm counting on a win in the conference tourney in this scenario and also counting on the B12 being one of the highest rated conferences in the country based on early results. If we manage 8 conference wins (especially if we can make a couple of them on the road) plus another in the tournament I think that gets us in most years. Recall also that I'm counting on a signature win against one of the conference's best teams as one of the 8.

It's far from a sure thing, but I don't think it's unreasonable at all.

Moose Stuff

Only for some. Rules are selective around here.

It’s common sense man.....

Acceptable - Kevin Samuel is a terrible free throw shooter OR Kevin Samuel made an awful pass that almost cost us the game.

Not Acceptable - Kevin Samuel is a pathetic waste of a scholarship OR Kevin Samuel sucks and I hope he never plays again (clearly nobody thinks either of these things).

netty2424

It’s common sense man.....

Acceptable - Kevin Samuel is a terrible free throw shooter OR Kevin Samuel made an awful pass that almost cost us the game.

Not Acceptable - Kevin Samuel is a pathetic waste of a scholarship OR Kevin Samuel sucks and I hope he never plays again (clearly nobody thinks either of these things).
Was speaking in general terms about the forum rules in how some are followed/applied, and some are not. Not necessarily this one specifically.

But since this rule is the topic, I’d imagine this is the loosest of all forum rules. You’re in game threads. Gets ugly in there.

I personally don’t have a problem naming college athletes, good or bad.

Moose Stuff

Was speaking in general terms about the forum rules in how some are followed/applied, and some are not. Not necessarily this one specifically.

But since this rule is the topic, I’d imagine this is the loosest of all forum rules. You’re in game threads. Gets ugly in there.

I personally don’t have a problem naming college athletes, good or bad.

The line is crossed often. That’s undeniable. I think you’re basically looking at a situation where things get posted that mods just don’t see. Or they see them but only after it’s been up long enough that everyone else saw it too. Getting ALL the violations removed requires non mods reporting the incidents. I personally don’t care enough to report anyone.