• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Baylor now 'officially' known as "The Bluebonnet Battle"

SwissArmyFrog

This a tough scheissing crowd. Short of images of the Alamo and a Mockingbird, there’s not much else that could be added to this trophy that would make it more “Texas”.
What would you want to see on the trophy? What would you rather call the game?
I wish the we call it “Beat the Dog [ Finebaum ] Out of the Bears” with a trophy of a TCU player cleaving a green and yellow bear to death with an axe. Short of that, I think the given name and trophy are just fine…
GO FROGS!
BEAT THE PUKES!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and £#€% baylor!!

It is boring, generic, uninteresting, uncreative.

What would people rather call the game? Well, from the media sources I have visited, the great majority of people think "Bluebonnet Battle" isn't nearly as good as"The Revivalry," and "The Revivalry" is what they would rather call the game.

Definitely like "Texas Death Match," though!

vicarfrog

View attachment 15181
The Bluebonnet Battle trophy is a circular battle shield, hand-forged in steel by Baylor alumnus Bryant Stanton of Stanton Studios in Waco, Texas. Additional facts:

The face of the shield features:
  • The logos of both universities;
  • An outline of the State of Texas adorned with Bluebonnets on either side and boldly displaying the rivalry’s official name; and
  • The year 1899, when Baylor and TCU first met on the gridiron.
The trophy is two-and-a-half feet wide and rests in a mesquite wooden base, embellished with the lone star of Texas.

Alright, I'll be the outlier. I like it, I like it alot. I love blue bonnets. When I was a kid used to have a blue bonnet bowl pendant in my room. It gives me those nostalgic vibes.

EVOfrogMR

It would never really work, but I suggest Fight Over the Fire.

On years when TCU wins we get to blame the Waco campus fire on Baylor and as a sporting gesture, thank them for helping us escape Waco.

On (the few) years when Baylor wins, they get to do what they do best, deny any knowledge, refer to oral reports from outside lawfirms that no one in Waco has ever seen a fire much less set one, and continue in their mass delusion that Waco is the place to be and In And Out Burger opens next week next door to the Omni hotel.

4 Oaks Frog

It is boring, generic, uninteresting, uncreative.

What would people rather call the game? Well, from the media sources I have visited, the great majority of people think "Bluebonnet Battle" isn't nearly as good as"The Revivalry," and "The Revivalry" is what they would rather call the game.

Definitely like "Texas Death Match," though!
It is never boring to kick the dog [ Finebaum ] out of baylor… Bluebonnet Revivalry Death Match.
There you go…
Imagine the design of the trophy. Oh, the possibilities!…

AroundWorldFrog

The Blueballs Battle would fit better for Baylor.
Baylor Bears Baylorfootball GIF by Baylor Athletics

NORMLFROG

I'm sensing a little momentum for Texas Death Match. I think the barbed wire adds flair. Think of the honorary captains...Killer Brooks(his corpse anyway) and Terry Funk.
If our commissioner reads this board please take this happen.

NF

tjcoffice

Whatever. They're trying to make up for the loss of an actual, more organic rivalry, the TCU-SMU rivalry. That darn frying pan goes back decades. We will see if you can create a new rivalry with a couple of PR releases.