• The KillerFrogs

TCU Post Spring Sale!

Putt4Purple

Not sure if another has started this post. The presale announcements stated no gathering in line before 6am. Rumor and chatter from ahead of us/I/we said that the line formed at 4am? Ok. I was in line at 6am with 100 people ahead of me. No port-o-poties available for anyone. A considerate junior officer opened a gate for people questioning where to relieve themselves?!?
30 minutes later a Senior officer closed the gate. Stated it was NOT supposed to be opened.
When we finally get to the sale at 10:20 after 4 hours? In line we get in.
Among 1 of the requirements on the Sign
leading to the enterance states “No Hoarding” “the personnel will determine what is Hoarding”
I can say without doubt that there was Hoarding and no personnel stopped anyone from doing so. Frustrating for a lot of us because I/we were deprived of shoes that were desired.
I personally bought what I wanted. A helmet but the supposed rules were not followed.
All this for future constructive criticism!
Go Frogs!

PurpleBlood87

I usually go early but today I slept in.
Went by at 11:15 am and the line was back to where the gate to lineup is.

So I went to lunch and Half Price Books.
Got back in line at just past 12:35 pm and waited 20 minutes.

Bought a polo, a light jacket and two t-shirts for 60 bucks. And both 75 bucks worth of stuff for NormlFrog.

Yes usually people lineup rather early and no one enforces it.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
If you fell for the "the line won't be allowed to form until 6AM" and that they could possibly enforce "no hoarding", that's on you. It's like that every year. The year after we play in the natty wasn't going to make it any better.

Putt4Purple

If you fell for the "the line won't be allowed to form until 6AM" and that they could possibly enforce "no hoarding", that's on you. It's like that every year. The year after we play in the natty wasn't going to make it any better.
Ok. I fell for the line. Where’s TCU credibility? Where yours? Oh wait, that’s right you have none either so why should I listen to your dribble. I won’t. There are others who read this post with more respectability than yours.
I hold people and organizations to their word until proven otherwise. So next year before the sale I will pronounce loud and wide to disbelieve what is being posted per Fred Garvin and the TCU sales office!
Your solution is to kill the messenger. I’m not going anywhere!

tcumaniac

Ok. I fell for the line. Where’s TCU credibility? Where yours? Oh wait, that’s right you have none either so why should I listen to your dribble. I won’t. There are others who read this post with more respectability than yours.
I hold people and organizations to their word until proven otherwise. So next year before the sale I will pronounce loud and wide to disbelieve what is being posted per Fred Garvin and the TCU sales office!
I got in line at 5:50am. I think 100 people already there was an understatement. Probably closer to 200.

While standing in line near the entrance, you could see people walking to the checkout line. People would be walking to the register with more than 6 boxes of shoes stacked on top of each other. Only to go back and forth multiple times bringing more and more loads of shoes. People were literally buying 20+ pairs of shoes and tcu wasn’t doing a damn thing to stop them. By the time I got into the sale at 10am there wasn’t a single pair of shoes between the sizes of 7 -14. I will never go again.

Putt4Purple

I got in line at 5:50am. I think 100 people already there was an understatement. Probably closer to 200.

While standing in line near the entrance, you could see people walking to the checkout line. People would be walking to the register with more than 6 boxes of shoes stacked on top of each other. Only to go back and forth multiple times bringing more and more loads of shoes. People were literally buying 20+ pairs of shoes and tcu wasn’t doing a damn thing to stop them. By the time I got into the sale at 10am there wasn’t a single pair of shoes between the sizes of 7 -14. I will never go again.
Thank you for the verification Maniac! I and others need to speak up about this to the TCU sales office, unless Fred Garvin is behind you in line. Then buy everything an leave him nothing!

Shorty

I wanted a helmet but not enough to deal with all that and living an hour away. REI garage sale used to be like that with people buying a [ Finebaum ]load of stuff clearly for resale.

Putt4Purple

I wanted a helmet but not enough to deal with all that and living an hour away. REI garage sale used to be like that with people buying a [ Finebaum ]load of stuff clearly for resale.
Did they have guidelines posted that were ignored? That’s the most infuriating part of the whole process.
Line assembly time, No Hoarding.
Does not matter. Do what the hell you feel like and nothing will happen!
TCU’s credibility took a big hit yesterday in my eyes.

smufrogger

Sad - but some things apparently never change. I stopped going to the sale over a decade ago

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I haven't been to the spring sale in years. It was great when no one went to the spring game and it was held in the old visitor's locker room in the southwest corner of the old stadium. You could great TCU items and gear cheap.

Zubaz

Where’s TCU credibility?
J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Ron Swanson

JFC you will all [ hundin] about anything that doesn’t go your way.
While I agree that your post applies to this site in general, I’m gonna side with Putt and Maniac on this one.

1. Allowing hoarding is ridiculous. And it’s especially ridiculous when you have a “No hoarding” rule posted on the wall. How hard would it be to limit the number of shoes per person to 3 pairs (or whatever number they find to be reasonable)?

2. If you want to allow a line to form, that’s fine, early birds get the worm. But why have a “no line before 6 am” policy at all if you’re not going to enforce it?

FWIW, I’ve never been to the spring sale and will probably never go, so I have no dog in the fight. Just seems odd to run it the way they do.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area

I apologize. I should have known you are gullible enough to believe anything. My experience has told me when something has been handled the same way, every year for over a decade and then be told that it will magically change the next time, that's not credible. Guess what? I was right again. Meanwhile there are posters on here that are clinically insane because they keep doing the same thing again and again and expect a different result.

Did you think about this beforehand? I mean, really, how do you enforce a policy of No line forms before 6AM. Are they going to have security there to disburse the crowd hourly? Every 5 minutes? Is it going to be like musical chairs when 100 loiter around the area, then someone fires a starter pistol at 6AM and they kill each other for a place in line? Did you get up in the morning, sure that if you got to the sale at 6AM it would be your God given right to be first in line?

What about people that don't live in North Texas? Shouldn't they have the opportunity to buy this stuff without driving to Fort Worth and getting up early in the morning?

My suggestion for TCU handling this in the future: Forget about having an in person sale. Take pictures of everything, set a minimum price and have an online auction. The amount of time it would take to set up the auction would offset the beating of the sale day. Plus the higher proceeds would offset that cost as well. They used to do this with limited stuff on gofrogs.com all the time. Sell to the highest bidder, auto charge their card when the auction ends. Have a time to pick things up. Any items not picked up in a week or two get resold.

Of course, then people with less disposable income would [ hundin] about people with money buying up everything. Therefore, the moral of the story is that it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time.