• The KillerFrogs

TCU-ORU June 20th Game Thread

Frog-in-law1995

No umpire on the field saw Tre come off the bag, so they did not use their discretion to say he was pushed off and deserved to be safe. Replay officials aren’t given discretion on that call, so once it went to replay, the only question was whether he was tagged while off the base. I think they interpreted the rule in a plausibly correct manner. Of course, the rule needs to be rewritten to take discretion out of the equation for a player clearly pushed off a bag.

My biggest issue is that they kinda played fast and loose with replay rules in overturning the second balk call earlier, and Kirk didn’t complain because he just wanted them to get the call right, which they did.

Double D

Tier 1
Was it Tre? I thought Austin Davis was pushed off 3rd.
No umpire on the field saw Tre come off the bag, so they did not use their discretion to say he was pushed off and deserved to be safe. Replay officials aren’t given discretion on that call, so once it went to replay, the only question was whether he was tagged while off the base. I think they interpreted the rule in a plausibly correct manner. Of course, the rule needs to be rewritten to take discretion out of the equation for a player clearly pushed off a bag.

My biggest issue is that they kinda played fast and loose with replay rules in overturning the second balk call earlier, and Kirk didn’t complain because he just wanted them to get the call right, which they did.

PurpleBlood87

They overturned the balk call because all three base umps saw him step off.