• The KillerFrogs

TCU opens at +6.5

tx004

Maybe, just maybe they did not beat KSU on their own field, because they couldn’t? Maybe they can’t beat TCU either? Looks like to me running QB’s give them issues this year!
I'm sure Venables will make adjustments to counter the running game after seeing how bad it hurt OU in their last game. Another way to look at it is they had 11 penalties, their quarterback overthrew two wide-open receivers for what would have been two TDs, their defense played as bad as it could and they only lost by seven. One thing I was very surprised with is that OU was able to run for over 200 yards on KSU's defense. I think KSU is a top 3 team in the conference, so it wasn't the worst loss ever. Venables is too good of a defensive coach to not make some adjustments. How effective they will be, I don't know. One thing we all know is that for the last several years OU has lost a game early and then proceeded to go on and have a great season. I'm highly skeptical of the defenses' ability to get stops against OU's offense. That and OU has had TCU's number since 2008. What really stood out to me about that game was that KSU didn't necessarily stop OU's offense, instead they stopped themselves with all the pre-snap penalties they got. There were four or five drives where OU was marching and then they would get a pre-snap penalty that would kill each drive. They had 550 yards of offense and 34 points even with all the penalties.

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

I think there is a 50% chance the team that scores more points than the other team will win.
Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

BleedNPurple

The only effect of OU’s loss is it eliminates any remote possibility of OU overlooking TCU.
After that, for all we know, the K.St. loss may be more of a confidence blow than a motivation.
They have great players, but not so sure about their team. A fast start out of the gate by TCU in this game could be a big gut punch to OU.
That’s what it’s going to take!

82 Frog Fever

Venables coached defense and their offense are both better than what we have on that respective side of the ball
Please enlighten me further as to how much better OU is than TCU on both sides of the ball.
Are you really a TCU fan, or just a troll? Your knowledge is troll level and everything you post is negative.
Go get your shine box.

ticketfrog123

Please enlighten me further as to how much better OU is than TCU on both sides of the ball.
Are you really a TCU fan, or just a troll? Your knowledge is troll level and everything you post is negative.
Go get your shine box.
You think either defense is playing well today? Believe we have 21 points on blown coverage alone

ticketfrog123

Quit changing the subject. You said that OU was definitely better than TCU on both offense and defense, and he called you on it.

You’re very clearly a troll. Please leave
I’m not sure what game you’re watching but both teams have looked sloppy On d.

Won’t know if we’re good until Baylor or KSU

Ron Swanson

I’m not sure what game you’re watching but both teams have looked sloppy On d.

Won’t know if we’re good until Baylor or KSU
Again, you’re just throwing out red herrings one after another. Whether or not either team looked good isn’t the argument. You said Oklahoma was better than TCU on offense and better than TCU on defense.

We almost doubled them in total yardage and more than doubled them in points. You were wrong

82 Frog Fever

I did not think the TCU defense could get enough stops to win. I’m glad I was wrong. They had stops leftover!
Every fan has doubts. Worrying is what real fans do well, and they all hope they’re wrong.

OU was in a state of panic, doubt, & dissent this entire week. They were not ready to play.
Venables, as a new coach, was not able to bond with his inherited players. They don’t believe in him.
That’s what makes Sonny so flippin’ special. He took over a rival team and adopted every player on it!
Did you see Sonny’s eyes swell up, as he praised Mad Max?

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Every fan has doubts. Worrying is what real fans do well, and they all hope they’re wrong.

OU was in a state of panic, doubt, & dissent this entire week. They were not ready to play.
Venables, as a new coach, was not able to bond with his inherited players. They don’t believe in him.
That’s what makes Sonny so flippin’ special. He took over a rival team and adopted every player on it!
Did you see Sonny’s eyes swell up, as he praised Mad Max?
That can’t be true. I was assured by a poster we don’t see much of these days that Sonny is “old and dusty” and only Coach Prime Time can connect with today’s players

ticketfrog123

Again, you’re just throwing out red herrings one after another. Whether or not either team looked good isn’t the argument. You said Oklahoma was better than TCU on offense and better than TCU on defense.

We almost doubled them in total yardage and more than doubled them in points. You were wrong
TCU is probably 3rd in the conference this year. Not a bad showing but clearly OU has severe issues and is regressing each week