• The KillerFrogs

TCU offers Chris Moody DB/QB Henry Co, GA

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
2012 DB Chris Moody 6-2/205/4.6 Henry Co, Ga Also plays QB, offers include GT, VaTech, Clem and others.

From AJC:

What about other schools recruiting Moody? "I think he's still kind of open," Rozier said. "He was telling me he likes Mississippi State. Vanderbilt has come in there pretty heavy on him, while TCU has also made a big push. I know TCU will be making an in-home visit within the next couple of days."

Article earlier on him:

http://blogs.ajc.com...ay-qb-db-or-wr/

UnderToad

Is Pope the only projected safety in 2012 class or is it thought that Listenbee, Gamble or others will get a look there?

Zammers

I'm sure the coaches know what they are looking for, but Moody doesn't look to have the typical TCU speed on film.

talor

I'm sure the coaches know what they are looking for, but Moody doesn't look to have the typical TCU speed on film.

ESPN evaluation:

This guy is a really good athlete and football player and could remain at quarterback if utilized strictly out of the spread because he does have some passing game qualities, but Moody's overall skill set likely will land him at safety or wide receiver. He is an explosive and sudden athlete that runs well, but is not a blazer. Is more sudden than fast. He is a sandlot player in the passing game with a whip-like quick delivery and he makes a lot of plays when on the move. Is a legit run/pas threat outside of the pocket and thrives when improvising. Shows smooth movement skills and very good initial quickness and acceleration. Has a pick-and-slide running style, with good instincts and some creativity. Has a good burst, some open-field elusiveness and a sneaky gear at the second level. Makes smooth, decisive cuts and always keeps his shoulders square when moving forward. Moves like a wide receiver in the open field and even though he is not a burner, he is a homerun threat at the second level. Defensively Moody shows some instincts and play speed keeping the ball in front of him, but makes most of his plays on athleticism alone. Lacks technique and discipline especially when taking angles to the ball. We are not sure he is a physically punishing prospect; more of a space player. Has the skill set to develop in coverage and make a lot of plays because he is a natural football player with awareness. We feel as a receiver Moody may have his most upside. Good prospect overall.

If our competition is Miss State and Vanderbilt, I like our odds.

James Franklin has been on a recruiting tear for his first class at Vandy - getting commits from big time recruits and beating the SEC Big Dogs for the Nashville, Memphis, and Kentucky players. Dan Mullen at MSSt is no slouch either (if he had just ponied up the dough for Cam Newton, he'd have a BCS Championship.) I like GP's odds against just about anyone, but don't sleep on these guys and the allure of the SEC.

maximilian

Is Pope the only projected safety in 2012 class or is it thought that Listenbee, Gamble or others will get a look there?

Pope is no longer a safety. WR commit, along with all the schools who offered him.

Gamble is a CB, and Listenbee is getting a shot at QB, with WR as his 2nd option if he doesn't stick there.

Fuller and Colbert are our only safety offers, but I wonder if the coaches bend and let him (Fuller) at least try QB, if he is dead set on getting a shot at it.

2themax

Pope is no longer a safety. WR commit, along with all the schools who offered him.

Gamble is a CB, and Listenbee is getting a shot at QB, with WR as his 2nd option if he doesn't stick there.

Fuller and Colbert are our only safety offers, but I wonder if the coaches bend and let him (Fuller) at least try QB, if he is dead set on getting a shot at it.

Can't pretend to know coaches' future plans, but as of now, Fuller's offer is for qb. That's unsolicited info from family member.

go2frogs

Tier 1
Probably could depend on what his interests are for his major. If he is flexible on what his academic goals are, but wants a private school for it's inherent benefits, then TCU should be totally in the running, based on who is recruiting him. It is hard to know always what is the main motivating factor in a recruit's choice, but I trust our coaches to learn what that factor might be and they will get him to sign if he is looking for quality education combined with a great football program. All the schools listed are good colleges and if he really wants to only play QB then we might not be his top choice, but if he is flexible to where he believes an excellent coach could know what position his best chance of succeeding at a high level is more important than his emotional desire to play a certain position, then GP and TCU offer a superb chance for him to reach both athletic and academic goals.

2themax

Had that conversation already. CGP and Saban are the 2 top defensive minds in cfb IMO, so for them to immediately peg him @ the safety spot is eye-opening. However NU runs an offense similar to the one he runs now in HS and they are selling that to him big time. UCLA & Mich want him as a qb. 247sports & Leming tout him @ the qb position too. He's getting different opinions from every direction. It's all coming down to a matter of trust basically. I think Rutgers will be his safe haven if he doesn't feel comfortable anywhere out of state.

Raw Frog

If Devin wants to try and make the pros, what advice is he getting as to his best and most likely pro position? It it is a DB at that level, and he wants to play in the pros, seems like he would want to look at the best college programs that will prepare him that fit his other parameters.
What is he hearing on that?