• The KillerFrogs

TCU KU Basketball - CBS

CountryFrog

Haven’t been through this thread but let me just say while I hate complaining about refs, that was a nonsense call there and the end. Inexcusable really. The elbow was extended but no way was that a flagrant move.

We have a good team, deserved to win this one.
Are you willing to totally come over to the dark side and admit that the officiating cost us this game?

Wexahu

Are you willing to totally come over to the dark side and admit that the officiating cost us this game?
Yes. I think that call cost us the game. Kid made a great play and just got screwed by some stupid technicality, if you even want to call it that. The ref just can’t make that call there.

I won’t go completely to the dark side and say it was fixed, or the conference had anything to do with it, but man, do better refs.

One of my biggest pet peeves about college basketball is the home team seems to always get the lions share of the borderline calls. I don’t think that call was even borderline, it was terrible.

CountryFrog

Yes. I think that call cost us the game. Kid made a great play and just got screwed by some stupid technicality, if you even want to call it that. The ref just can’t make that call there.

I won’t go completely to the dark side and say it was fixed, or the conference had anything to do with it, but man, do better refs.

One of my biggest pet peeves about college basketball is the home team seems to always get the lions share of the borderline calls. I don’t think that call was even borderline, it was terrible.
Totally agree on everything. Then to double down on the incompetence they ignore Dickinson running in place with the ball in his hands before the game winning shot.

And while I also don't believe at all in any kind of coordinated officiating conspiracy, it's games like this that give fuel to that particular fire.

There was another call that was real bad at the end the game besides the flagrant fowl. The play at the end of the game where KU got the possession when the refs whistled early and said there was a tied ball. The early whistle kept the team from getting a basket on a fast break.

Based on what I saw at the end of the game, I sure hope this crew does not referee another TCU game this season. Dixon needs complain the Big 12 office about this crew.

Last edited:

Froggy Style

There was another call that was real bad at the end the game besides the flagrant fowl. The play at the end of the game where KU got the possession when the refs whistled early and said there was a tied ball when on replay and it was not costed the team as well. The early whistle kept the team from getting a basket on a fast break.

Based on what I saw at the end of the game, I sure hope this crew does not referee another TCU game this season. Dixon needs complain the Big 12 office about this crew.
I saw today what I've seen for 10 years from big 12 officiating: make sure the big schools win...call a million ticky tack calls on TCU to make sure the big school stays ahead or close enough for the deciding foul call at the end. I don't think they're going to care about someone complaining. In fact, CJD said they had a meeting earlier in the week where they said not to complain publicly...so they know there is a problem, before the season starts.

PurpleBlood87

At the time the play happened the refs did not even blow the whistle to call a foul. They let the Frogs play on but stopped the play when they saw Dickinson on the floor despite the Frogs going for a fast break. Dickinson's position was not in jeopardy and the play should not have been stopped! Then for some reason (? Self lobbying?) they began to go to the replay and not only called the foul but in order to award Kansas the ball after the free throws made it a flagrant foul when clearly it was an inadvertent elbow and not intentional. Worst officiating call against the Frogs since the phantom David Rivers block call of 1984 in Charlotte.
The worst was the non call on Miles at the end of the Arizona game in 2022.

Last edited: