• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf 2022-2023

JogginFrog

I wish I could swing like him, but I think careers are going to be much shorter, and injuries much more commonplace in the game from now on.
Yup. My thought while watching the video: "Golf used to be a sport for a lifetime."

I'm interested to hear from @First Tee Frog about how to balance performance with longevity. Seems like guys like Adam Scott and Mickelson have been able to forge mostly healthy careers while still finding enough distance to compete. Is that mostly genetics, or can you build a swing to last in the speed era?

Last edited:

First Tee Frog

Yup. My thought while watching the video: "Golf used to be a sport for a lifetime."

I'm interested to hear from @First Tee Frog about how to balance performance with longevity. Seems like guys like Adam Scott and Mickelson have been able to forge mostly healthy careers while still finding enough distance to compete. Is that mostly genetics, or can you build a swing to last in the speed era?
There are such a wide range of factors that go into it. To be fair though most of it has to do with how you train for golf and are your movements fundamentally sound. If you chase speed with just garbage movement you will hurt yourself. If you build your body correctly and move well you can swing fast and not be hurt. I am faster than I’ve ever been and I just turned 43 and I’ve never had any major injuries. Occasional wrist tendinitis that flares up once a year or so thanks to high school basketball but nothing major

Wexahu

I think Block has gotten a little coaching from J.J. Killeen. And the guy knows how to work a crowd.

Seems like a great dude but this result was almost inevitable. He’s a club pro for a reason.

That the tournament is highlighting him as much as they are speaks to how desperate they are for a compelling story during their run of the mill, non designated events.

ShreveFrog

Since the Frogs earned a day of Friday in baseball, I get the whole day to watch Hoge, Burns, Scheffler, and Spieth. Finau, Hovland and Homa. Darn solid field. Hope to see Block, too.

Edit: Plus Morikawa.

Last edited:
Seems like a great dude but this result was almost inevitable. He’s a club pro for a reason.

That the tournament is highlighting him as much as they are speaks to how desperate they are for a compelling story during their run of the mill, non designated events.
It was almost a little unfair to him, but he accepted the invitation. Dude had to be emotionally and mentally drained after last week, and then he doubled down by making himself available for every possible interview and podcast out there.

He's probably going to reflect back on this and come to the conclusion that he would have been better off taking a few weeks off before returning to action. He still has US Open qualifying (with his son in the same field) coming up soon.

JogginFrog

Men are underway at Grayhawk. The team of TCU's incoming coach is T12 after Round 1. And a former Frog is T2 individually with an opening 66.

Can't say I'm a fan of Grayhawk's ability to separate teams. Seven shots is the margin between 9th and 24th.

JogginFrog

On the Euro Tour, two Frogs finish in the top 20 at the KLM Open (Celli T12, Ravetto T16) and another in the top 30 (Brun). Good showing.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, TCU's new men's golf coach might end his OU stint today--Sooners are 4 shots outside the cutline for Round 4 with fewer than 3 holes to play.

Update: OU men miss the cut by a stroke.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

Filippo Celli bogeys the last hole of the Challenge Tour event in Spain to win outright. He was eliminated on the first hole of a six man playoff. Still a really good week for Celli.

JogginFrog

Thanks to those who posted updates recently; I decided to combine an international vacation with an all-world head cold.

One story I just noticed today was that TCU will have two Frogs in the field this week at LACC. Paul Barjon shot a bogey-free 64 in his afternoon round at Durham's Old Chatham Club to nab one of 5 spots from a field of 76 in the "longest day in golf."

Paul begins on #10 at 1:46p Central on Thursday, 5 groups after fellow Frog Tom Hoge.

Thanks to those who posted updates recently; I decided to combine an international vacation with an all-world head cold.

One story I just noticed today was that TCU will have two Frogs in the field this week at LACC. Paul Barjon shot a bogey-free 64 in his afternoon round at Durham's Old Chatham Club to nab one of 5 spots from a field of 76 in the "longest day in golf."

Paul begins on #10 at 1:46p Central on Thursday, 5 groups after fellow Frog Tom Hoge.

Don't look now, but Barjon is tied for the lead at -3...

JogginFrog

Lois Lau advanced to the match play portion of the (British) Women's Am, held at Prince's Golf Club in southeast England. She lost 3&2 in the round of 32. Prince's is adjacent to Royal St. Georges, and whenever the Open Championship is held at RSG, someone will write a piece about how Prince's is an overlooked gem. Anyone had the chance to play it?

JogginFrog

Caitlyn Macnab went 2-2 at the Arnold Palmer Cup mixed team event last week at Laurel Valley Golf Club. She won mixed fourball and singles; lost both alternate shot matches. Former Frog Jennie Park went 2-1-1 as part of the victorious USA team; Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira went 1-2-1.