• The KillerFrogs

TCU Arkansas Game Thread

hometown frog

I liked what I saw from Taylor yesterday. His ABs looked decent. (Mainly cause of his first AB and he battled in another one against a dude throwing gas.). His glove looked really strong out there too. I’d keep him at 3B until he proves otherwise.

Boyers earned his starting role this weekend for me. Both at the plate and in the field.

I’d be shocked if Byrne isn’t catching tonight. If for no other reason than 4 days in a row first week of the season is tough on any catcher. (But also because Hump went 0 for the weekend and had several errors/missed plays behind the dish.)

Pharm Frog

What I would do.... start Taylor, Nunez, and Boyers every game. You can shift Taylor between 2B and 3B if you want. Move either Nunez or Boyers to CF (I suspect Nunez is the better option) to get Porter Brown in the lineup more often and let Wolfe DH. Get Byrne in the lineup at least 1-2 times a week. I would also consider getting Boyers into the 2 hole in the lineup behind Nunez. I'm not at practice every day so I can't tell you why some the older guys continue to play. Loyalty?

I figure they are playing as much to get their chance as anything else. If they continue to not produce then I suspect they’ll start sitting in favor of younger prospects.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I liked what I saw from Taylor yesterday. His ABs looked decent. (Mainly cause of his first AB and he battled in another one against a dude throwing gas.). His glove looked really strong out there too. I’d keep him at 3B until he proves otherwise.

Boyers earned his starting role this weekend for me. Both at the plate and in the field.

I’d be shocked if Byrne isn’t catching tonight. If for no other reason than 4 days in a row first week of the season is tough on any catcher. (But also because Hump went 0 for the weekend and had several errors/missed plays behind the dish.)
I’m ok with playing Taylor full time at third but someone is going to need to teach him to clap before he steps into the box. After 13 seasons of clapping along with Connor I’m not ready to give it up.

Last edited: