• The KillerFrogs

Steel?

TCU1999

I know it’s the total discretion of the owner to “close” a thread.. but, should someone re-open Steel’s thread from last week? Punting with 5 to go and 3:00 left? It’s not a pointless debate. Kansas never won it all with Roy Williams. Bill Self shows up and they are both better off. It’s just worth a discussion...

texas_sicilian

I know it’s the total discretion of the owner to “close” a thread.. but, should someone re-open Steel’s thread from last week? Punting with 5 to go and 3:00 left? It’s not a pointless debate. Kansas never won it all with Roy Williams. Bill Self shows up and they are both better off. It’s just worth a discussion...
Just stop.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Let Steel ask you people something:

Does Gary have this job for life regardless of what garbage he puts out on the field?

If you believe that, then you are the one with the problem, not Steel.

It’s obvious and has been for several years that it’s time to move on from Gary. Chris knew it, which is why he left.

There are young energetic coaches out there who can take this program to another level.

TCU1999

TCU1999 = Steel

Don't fall for it.

I can assure you that I’m not Steel. He may be another top donor to TCU, but I have no idea who Steel is in real life.

The reality is that everyone deserves to be challenged in real life, if you leave a loss to the #4 team in the country preaching that there are no moral victories, and then punt with 2:44 to go down 15, you just walked that statement back. At the end of the day, you have to believe in more than yourself as a leader. If you don’t have an OC that you can trust on 4th and 4 on your side of the field, especially down 15, then make a change. If you don’t believe in the quarterback, quit hinting at it in press conferences, and make a change. You’re not being paid $5mm a year to abdicate and pontificate. The buck stops there.

Mean Purple

I can assure you that I’m not Steel. He may be another top donor to TCU, but I have no idea who Steel is in real life.

The reality is that everyone deserves to be challenged in real life, if you leave a loss to the #4 team in the country preaching that there are no moral victories, and then punt with 2:44 to go down 15, you just walked that statement back. At the end of the day, you have to believe in more than yourself as a leader. If you don’t have an OC that you can trust on 4th and 4 on your side of the field, especially down 15, then make a change. If you don’t believe in the quarterback, quit hinting at it in press conferences, and make a change. You’re not being paid $5mm a year to abdicate and pontificate. The buck stops there.
Kinda like going for 2 early in Norman, when it ain't needed, and doing it again for the win when a tie gets you to overtime?

He got blasted for that too. I know I complained royally. Today Maybe he thought he would put it on the backs of his D to get the ball back with another TD shot? Who knows. But should drop the coded references. Waiting till we were buried in momentum to throw in the backup was odd. He should be paying better attention to play calling.