• The KillerFrogs

Stars vs. Blues - Stanley Cup Playoffs Series Thread

Purp

Damn. Bet it was that blocked shot from Game 6. Looked like it hit him square in the ankle bone. Must have been a little lower. Definitely in the soft part of the boot, though.

That Janmark bit is also elucidating. He was very good at times, but didn't seem like his usual self the last couple months.

MTfrog5

Damn. Bet it was that blocked shot from Game 6. Looked like it hit him square in the ankle bone. Must have been a little lower. Definitely in the soft part of the boot, though.

That Janmark bit is also elucidating. He was very good at times, but didn't seem like his usual self the last couple months.
Makes you wonder if the foot effected the wrap around attempt at all. Adrenaline is hell of a tool

puckster59

Hockey players in general have serious grit. It's nothing new, especially in the postseason. A handful of Stars players underwent fairly substantial knee surgery 48 hours or so after they won the Cup in '99. Hitchcock later said he doubted Hull would have been able to play a Game 7. Think Modano finished with a broken bone in his wrist that year, too.

It's hard to not appreciate what these guys put themselves through to play the game.

Purp

Well I ordered some new Stars gear last week after Game 4. Good news... the shirts arrived today. Bad news... well.
So you're the guy who threw the hex.

I thought it was me. My son who just turned 6 was wearing his 4T jersey still and the sleeves were way too short so we got him new gear. It was one of his favorite shirts. Stars didn't win another game.

Pharm Frog

Hockey players in general have serious grit. It's nothing new, especially in the postseason. A handful of Stars players underwent fairly substantial knee surgery 48 hours or so after they won the Cup in '99. Hitchcock later said he doubted Hull would have been able to play a Game 7. Think Modano finished with a broken bone in his wrist that year, too.

It's hard to not appreciate what these guys put themselves through to play the game.

There's an orthopedic surgeon in Brownwood that used to be the Minnesota North Stars team doc. We went to a San Angelo Outlaws hockey game one night and I was kidding him that he had it made being a pro team's orthopedic surgeon and he gave it all up to live in Brownwood. He laughed and said that orthopedic surgeons for hockey teams would be more likely starve to death than make a good living because a player with a compound fracture was more likely to demand some gauze and a butterfly bandage than submit to surgery during the season.

Latest posts