• The KillerFrogs

Star-Tribune: Five-star hoops recruit Dennis Evans expected to pick between Gophers, TCU on Monday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Five-star hoops recruit Dennis Evans expected to pick between Gophers, TCU on Monday​

Evans, the 7-foot senior from California, would be the highest-rated U recruit since Kris Humphries.

By Marcus Fuller Star Tribune

DennisEvansUSA.jpg

Five-star Riverside Hillcrest (Calif.) center Dennis Evans will announce Monday morning between the Gophers and Texas Christian on where to play college basketball.

The 7-1, 230-pound senior would be the highest-rated U recruit since Kris Humphries in 2003. Evans ranks 13th nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals.com, 27th by 247Sports.com and 28th by PrepHoops.com.

Read more at https://www.startribune.com/five-st...llege-choice-on-monday-gophers-tcu/600216317/

Toad Jones

MOST LIKELY HE HASN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THE WEATHER OTHER THAN...IT'S COLD.. HE'S 17 OR 18, NEVER BEEN THIS FAR FROM HOME, IT'S AN ADVENTURE AND I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND HERE AT uOFm TO INTRODUCE/HELP/PROTECT/GUIDE ME THRU THIS ADVENTURE.. IN ADDITION, I CAN SHARE NEWS ABOUT HOME.. IN SIX MONTHS OR LESS.... HE'S GALVANIZED TO MINNESOTA AND PROBABLY HAPPY.

RE: HE'LL CHOOSE MINNESOTA.

The backstroke and very important, but he doesn't realize, the people of Ft. Worth and the city of TCU. The weather allows for so much activity. It's warm and people mingle and enjoy one another. Therefore, in Minn the picture as a whole, less interaction, society is less active and If It's cold, you're indoors, confined. One day when he's married, has kids, these thoughts are a priority. However, he has to endure the routine of growing up. You recruit thinking about schools, remember this...the more you know, the more you know, you don't know. Hopefully, Mom or Dad can understand and guide you. Don't know the percentages, but normally where you go to school is the town you most liikely reside for a long, long time.

Last edited:

froginaustin

As I hear it, Minnesota has a lot in common with UTx. Huge campus. Never sleeps. Entertainment always available. Plus they have a reputation for better basketball than they actually have (or have had, in a generation or so).

I can imagine a fawned-over recruit picking them. It'll be an individual choice.

There is a brief interview here and video. Click on the arrow to progress through five slides. You can see that he was very raw and clumsy in 2020. Then great progress in two years, so continued good growth in his game is expected.

Last edited:

Dr. Coach Haus

Five-star hoops recruit Dennis Evans expected to pick between Gophers, TCU on Monday​

Evans, the 7-foot senior from California, would be the highest-rated U recruit since Kris Humphries.

By Marcus Fuller Star Tribune

DennisEvansUSA.jpg

Five-star Riverside Hillcrest (Calif.) center Dennis Evans will announce Monday morning between the Gophers and Texas Christian on where to play college basketball.

The 7-1, 230-pound senior would be the highest-rated U recruit since Kris Humphries in 2003. Evans ranks 13th nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals.com, 27th by 247Sports.com and 28th by PrepHoops.com.

Read more at https://www.startribune.com/five-st...llege-choice-on-monday-gophers-tcu/600216317/
Waiting GIF

SirFrogsAlot

I understand the weather discussion but it swings in both directions. I've lived in Minnesota and in Texas; it's unpleasantly cold here for a while and unpleasantly hot in Texas for a while. In both cases, going inside cures that.

I don't think weather causes a ton of people to decide on a college if there are bigger factors at play.
100% this.

I grew up in Minnesota before coming to TCU. Still work for a company based out of there.

People down here. “How the hell do people live in the cold for all those months. It must be miserable.”

People up there. “How the hell do people live in the heat for all those months. It must be miserable.”

Acting like it affect your lifestyle is just ludicrous. People still go outside when it’s cold. They just wear clothes to suit.

Seems that the heat and humidity of Houston and the southeastern states would have been approaching some misery before there was cool air condtitioning. An office job in the summer would not have been pleasant, uff da. And then sleeping in sweat at night, jeepers.

The bone chilling cold of the north and the mostly gray cloudy days, and less daylight hours, do tire. You go to and leave from work in the dark, and in the cold. And then the sloppy melting dirty snow of spring. I think spring may be the worst season, just a sloppy transition period, but has favor because it is moving you out of a long winter and toward summer, haha. The color and variable temps of summer and fall in northern lake country are sweet, and celebratory—a fun place to be in summer and for the 4th of July! People soak up the outdoors, on the trails and water, and golf. Minnesota was the #1 state for the number of golfers per capita and maybe still is.

Last edited:

smufrogger

I understand the weather discussion but it swings in both directions. I've lived in Minnesota and in Texas; it's unpleasantly cold here for a while and unpleasantly hot in Texas for a while. In both cases, going inside cures that.

I don't think weather causes a ton of people to decide on a college if there are bigger factors at play.
Having lived in the north- I decided to go to college in the south.

helcap

You don't have to shovel sunshine

froginmn

You don't have to shovel sunshine
And the volley to that is, when it's cold you can put on a warm coat.

Personally I prefer the heat but I don't think it makes a ton of athletes (other than golfers and baseball players) head south for school.

What Up Toad

And the volley to that is, when it's cold you can put on a warm coat.

Personally I prefer the heat but I don't think it makes a ton of athletes (other than golfers and baseball players) head south for school.
I was going to go to Ohio State for college, and then a high school teacher of mine had me speak to his extended family about why they'd all left Ohio because of the weather and didn't have a single regret about leaving.