• The KillerFrogs

Sprint Darter keeps on "darting"

VA Froggie

Two different times, and this just from the highlights, DB's had straight away shots at Wesley. He did that "dart" thing, and went right past 'em, making them look foolish. That guy is quicker than light.

I went on something terrible right after we signed Wesley about how he was slipping past safties on his hi school film. Said he was the "sprint darter". At the time, I really had reservations some, because he wasn't very big and didn't strike fear into anybody.... Friend reminded that he wasn't recuited highly at all out of hi school, had maybe one other offer. But TCU, with their magic evaluation system, saw something special.

This summer I went up and watched a practice and was amazed at the kid's stamina in that 103 degree heat. He has worked hard to get his day and Saturday he really showed out. 209 yards against a first class and very fast defense. They looked almost helpless, at times, trying to tackle Wesley. He must be close to a 1,000 yards by now.

I'll stick with my nickname for the Sprint Darter. He's earned it and it is appropriate.
Gunner if you go back and check you just described LT coming out of high school. He was not recruited with the exception of TCU and perhaps TT and not sure of that one. Wesley is LT all over again. :rolleyes:

eagartotri

After six pages of posts, I have to agree, "Sprint Darter" is dumb. I understand the illusiveness of his ability, but the word combo just isn't right. Maybe "Where'd he go Wesley?"