• The KillerFrogs

Spring Sale

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 10 2010, 05:46 PM) [snapback]542952[/snapback]
I got a few fleeces a polo and a windbreaker. Not a bad haul considering they usually don't have anything there.

I actually commented to Wes that the selection this time around was really poor. No football jerseys, not hooded warm ups. Just kind of weak. In my opinion.

frogs9497

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 10 2010, 07:05 PM) [snapback]542970[/snapback]
I actually commented to Wes that the selection this time around was really poor. No football jerseys, not hooded warm ups. Just kind of weak. In my opinion.

I think I'm glad I slept in.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 10 2010, 07:31 PM) [snapback]542992[/snapback]
Spring sale suuucked ... and they are getting pretty proud of some of their stuff. Not like it used to be.

Totally agree. They had a ton of Basketball shooting shirts/warmup t-shirts, Texas Bowl Polos, sports medicine windbreakers and cleats. Oh, and if you wear XXXXL they had a bunch of sweatpants. All of which were around $30. I did get a great pair of Nike running shoes for $30. No purple, just white with black and silver, but cannot complain about the price.

I remember going to the spring sale in 2003 and got a CUSA black jersey, number 6, for $20; and a Purple #14 for $20. Everything this year was $30 and up, with no football jerseys.

$120 for a TCU baseball jersey?? I did notice they weren't selling too well.

gdu

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 11 2010, 12:05 AM) [snapback]542970[/snapback]

Disagree (as far as I am concerned at least). This was the firs time they had multiple stuff in size large. I have never actually gotten anything for myself previously (only stuff for my fiance and her dad) bc they usully only have S and XXL. Sure, there were no jerseys, but I don't wear those so no biggie to me. Prices aren't as rock bottom as they used to be, but you can't find alot of this stuff anywhere else.

gdu

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Apr 11 2010, 02:06 AM) [snapback]543014[/snapback]
Totally agree. They had a ton of Basketball shooting shirts/warmup t-shirts, Texas Bowl Polos, sports medicine windbreakers and cleats. Oh, and if you wear XXXXL they had a bunch of sweatpants. All of which were around $30. I did get a great pair of Nike running shoes for $30. No purple, just white with black and silver, but cannot complain about the price.

I remember going to the spring sale in 2003 and got a CUSA black jersey, number 6, for $20; and a Purple #14 for $20. Everything this year was $30 and up, with no football jerseys.

What was more than $30? Baseball jerseys and goretex jackets? Weird that the rip-off jackets sold so well and not brand new baseball unis.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 10 2010, 09:03 PM) [snapback]543040[/snapback]
What was more than $30? Baseball jerseys and goretex jackets? Weird that the rip-off jackets sold so well and not brand new baseball unis.

Just saying I'm a sucker for TCU gear and I didn't feel the need to pay $30 for the apparel that they had. You stock up on Texas Bowl polos??

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 10 2010, 10:03 PM) [snapback]543040[/snapback]

I'd have to question the intelligence of anybody that paid $120 for one of those baseball jerseys.

Limey Frog

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Apr 10 2010, 09:06 PM) [snapback]543014[/snapback]

Yeah, those baseball jerseys were nice. I would have snapped one up for half the price. They could have shifted all of them and made more. But really, is our athletics dept. budget dependent upon making a few extra bucks at this sale? Aren't we currently raising $90 million for a new stadium? It makes more sense to me to use the spring sale as a way to shift a lot of stuff and make the most passionate fans happy with a bargain. You can't put a price tag of devoted fans.

I really liked the basketball jerseys and would have bought one, but I'm glad to know that no matter how bad our mens team is right now there isn't a player on the roster who wears a men's medium.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 10 2010, 07:05 PM) [snapback]542970[/snapback]

It was not as good as in years past, thats for sure. Still it's an opportunity to grad a few things below retail prices.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(wes @ Apr 10 2010, 10:29 PM) [snapback]543046[/snapback]
It was not as good as in years past, thats for sure. Still it's an opportunity to grad a few things below retail prices.

The shoes were easily the best deal.

BirdDogFrog02

the selection wasnt as great as i was expecting, but that didnt stop the boy and I from buying all we could carry... Definitely enjoyed the day. Sale, Frog Alley, Spring Game... GO FROGS!!!

gdu

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Apr 11 2010, 03:16 AM) [snapback]543042[/snapback]
Just saying I'm a sucker for TCU gear and I didn't feel the need to pay $30 for the apparel that they had. You stock up on Texas Bowl polos??

nope, but I got plenty of nice stuff and at least 2 or 3 things that there was only 1 of in any size. Maybe the sale would've been better in your mind if you had seen them.

gdu

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 11 2010, 03:19 AM) [snapback]543044[/snapback]
I'd have to question the intelligence of anybody that paid $120 for one of those baseball jerseys.

Fair enough, but what about the folks buying the used jackets that cost even more than that? I saw a 10 year old kid wearing one at the spring game.

halfwaytoheaven

I picked up a pair of the purple and white nike sneakers, a nice fleece, a zip-up hooded sweatshirt, a pair of windpants and a shirt. Grand total: $135. I really would have liked to pick up a football jersey, but I wasn't going to buy one of the baseball jerseys for $120 when I already have a game-used one.

I was tempted to buy a pair of the Nocona boots, and they had a pair that fit pretty well, but I passed.

FrogFrog

It was the first year I had been, but I picked up:

Nike fleece pants ($15)
Nike dry fit warm up pants ($15)
Nike dry fit khakis ($30)
Nike shoes - hardly, if ever, worn ($30)

Spent $90 on about $300 worth of stuff. I was happy.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 11 2010, 07:30 AM) [snapback]543088[/snapback]
nope, but I got plenty of nice stuff and at least 2 or 3 things that there was only 1 of in any size. Maybe the sale would've been better in your mind if you had seen them.

What'd they look like??

gdu

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Apr 11 2010, 05:32 PM) [snapback]543171[/snapback]
What'd they look like??

4511695373_d3fe9d7bac_o.jpg

4512336168_5e09641e5e_o.jpg

and a couple others. Overall, there wasn't as much stuff of interest as in years past and prices were higher, but this is the first time I have ever found anything I liked, and didn't have, in my size. I bought like 6 things, which I am pretty excited about.

bwood

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 11 2010, 02:50 PM) [snapback]543270[/snapback]
4511695373_d3fe9d7bac_o.jpg

4512336168_5e09641e5e_o.jpg

and a couple others. Overall, there wasn't as much stuff of interest as in years past and prices were higher, but this is the first time I have ever found anything I liked, and didn't have, in my size. I bought like 6 things, which I am pretty excited about.

What time did you get there, 8:01? I got there early and certainly didnt see anything that good looking...

gdu

QUOTE(bwood @ Apr 12 2010, 11:27 PM) [snapback]543871[/snapback]
What time did you get there, 8:01? I got there early and certainly didnt see anything that good looking...

A little earlier than that, but I have been early before and never gotten anything in a size large, so you never know. Like I said, both of these were the only ones there in any size.