• The KillerFrogs

Spring Preview 2010 - The BCS Busters

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:03 PM) [snapback]543659[/snapback]
Again, the championship is not played in the Fiesta Bowl. It is played in the UoP stadium.

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

Same place the Fiesta bowl (and Insight bowl) are played.

So you are wrong.

Where's the Insight Bowl played?

I'll give you a hint - in its not in the Fiesta Bowl.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:07 PM) [snapback]543665[/snapback]
gdUT, is the championship game in the place where the Fiesta is? Yes or no?

This year, the championship will be played in the University of Phoenix stadium. The Fiesta Bowl and Insight Bowl will also be played there.

That is different from what you said. Maybe you knew the difference, but if that were the case I'm not sure why you wasted time arguing semantics when you were simply wrong. The natinal championship is not being played in the fiesta bowl. There is not such stadium. It is being played in UoP stadium in Glendale.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 12 2010, 07:10 PM) [snapback]543668[/snapback]
BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

Where's the Insight Bowl played?

I'll give you a hint - in its not in the Fiesta Bowl.

No [Deleted]. Try explaining that to the other guy. He apparently thinks there is a fiesta bowl stadium.

TCUFrogs

Again, the championship is not played in the Fiesta Bowl. Same place the Fiesta bowl are played.

The only statement was about the championship game. It is commonly called the Fiesta. Many people in football call it that.

Only you brought up Insight and other information not relevant to the BCS championship game in order to argue about it, gdUT.

desmith03

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 01:28 PM) [snapback]543618[/snapback]
I don't think they have to do it if there is a non-AQ school in the championship.

Correct; if a non-AQ-conference team is selected for the MNC game, that still constitutes the "auto-bid" for the "non-auto-bid-conferences". Wrap your hear around that one... Any other highly-ranked non-AQ-conference teams would be left vying for an at-large bid, an exception being if they were ranked No. 2 in the final BCS rankings.

My head hurts...

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:12 PM) [snapback]543672[/snapback]
This year, the championship will be played in the University of Phoenix stadium. The Fiesta Bowl and Insight Bowl will also be played there.

That is different from what you said. Maybe you knew the difference, but if that were the case I'm not sure why you wasted time arguing semantics when you were simply wrong. The natinal championship is not being played in the fiesta bowl. There is not such stadium. It is being played in UoP stadium in Glendale.

You only want to argue, gdUT...

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:16 PM) [snapback]543677[/snapback]
The only statement was about the championship game. It is commonly called the Fiesta. Many people in football call it that.
Only you brought up Insight and other information not relevant to the BCS championship game in order to argue about it, gdUT.

No, it isn't. It was commonly called the Fiesta Bowl when there were only 4 BCS games and the championship rotated locations, replacing each of the 4. Now there are 5, and it is called the BCS championship, to avoid confusion since there is still another BCS bowl played in the same stadium in the same year. Maybe you will be correct again if the Cotton Bowl at Jerry World becomes the 5th BCS bowl.

The insight bowl is as relevant to the bcs championship as the fiesta is. Both are played n the same stadium, not named the fiesta bowl.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:18 PM) [snapback]543681[/snapback]
You only want to argue, gdUT...

Not at all. Just correcting your simple mistake. If you would have just said ok, I would have moved on. You apparently want to argue though or you wouldn't keep posting about this.

desmith03

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:02 PM) [snapback]543658[/snapback]
There is no such thing as the Fiesta.

False; you should head down to San Antonio the weekend of the 23rd. Feel free to ask people to show you their shoes.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:21 PM) [snapback]543686[/snapback]
You apparently want to argue though or you wouldn't keep posting about this.

This may be the funniest single line ever posted at kf.c.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:19 PM) [snapback]543682[/snapback]
The insight bowl is as relevant to the bcs championship as the fiesta is. Both are played n the same stadium, not named the fiesta bowl.

It is not a BCS game and it was not played in the stadium until the past season.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:13 PM) [snapback]543673[/snapback]
No [Deleted]. Try explaining that to the other guy. He apparently thinks there is a fiesta bowl stadium.

You are the other guy.

And Insight is played at Sun Devil Stadium, which is not in Glendale.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:19 PM) [snapback]543682[/snapback]
No, it isn't. It was commonly called the Fiesta Bowl

So you knew what was being referred to, but you just wanted to argue about it anyway.

classic gdUT

desmith03

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 12 2010, 02:26 PM) [snapback]543695[/snapback]

What's irony?

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 12 2010, 07:26 PM) [snapback]543695[/snapback]

If he truly didn't want to argue, he could have just said "yes, there is no such thing as Fiesta Bowl Stadium and the National Championship is not the same thing as the Fiesta Bowl, even when it is played in the same place the Fiesta Bowl was." He didn't.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:26 PM) [snapback]543696[/snapback]
It is not a BCS game and it was not played in the stadium until the past season.

What does being a BCS game have to do with anything?

What does 2 seasons ago have to do with anything? I thought we were talking about the 2011 Fiesta Bowl and National Championship game.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 12 2010, 02:30 PM) [snapback]543700[/snapback]
You are the other guy.

But, gdUT doesn't want facts. He wants to bring in obscure details to argue about. Then when the facts don't match, he changes his argument.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 12 2010, 07:30 PM) [snapback]543700[/snapback]
You are the other guy.

You are right. My bad.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:40 PM) [snapback]543713[/snapback]
But, gdUT doesn't want facts. He wants to bring in obscure details to argue about. Then when the facts don't match, he changes his argument.

My argument has NEVER changed. The National Championship will be played in the UoP stadium, not the fiesta bowl (which doesn't exist).

The difference between me and you is I can admit when I am wrong. You must like to argue or you could do the same.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:33 PM) [snapback]543705[/snapback]
So you knew what was being referred to, but you just wanted to argue about it anyway.

classic gdUT

Do you know what 'was' means? In this case, it means you are wrong.

I didn't want to argue. I just pointed out your mistake, which you continued to defend even when proven wrong.