• The KillerFrogs

Spring Practice 2016

If Sewo Olonilua, 6'3" 225, should remain at RB....the Frogs may have added another power running back

to align with Trevorris Johnson, 5'11" 221. Physically, both are comparable in size to OU's Samaje Perine

at 5'10" 230.

Moose Stuff

DaCrief said:
Asked if the Frogs will try the committee approach to replace All-American receiver Josh Doctson, Patterson said, Were hoping that Taj does.

Taj Williams was the No. 1-rated junior college receiver last season.

But TCU has options, Patterson said.

You also have a player coming in the fall, hopefully, another JUCO guy. Also another inside receiver, he said. We didnt know Josh Doctson was going to be Josh Doctson three years ago. And all of a sudden, heres Josh Doctson. I think you find out what these guys can do, and theyll mold the offense around what these guys can do, and well go from there.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article62824717.html#storylink=cpy

Question answered. Looks like fall. The "hopefully" part is worrisome.
No different than the day we signed him. His potential qualification issues were well documented.

BoondocksFrog

From what I've heard Sawyer lit it up yesterday

Looked and acted like the team's #1 QB. It sounds like there will be much more of a battle than I would've thought for the #1 spot.

Moose Stuff

BoondocksFrog said:

Looked and acted like the team's #1 QB. It sounds like there will be much more of a battle than I would've thought for the #1 spot.
Not buying into one day of spring practice.

BoondocksFrog said:
Practice is one thing, games are a different story.
Some guys have it, some guys don't. I hope I'm wrong, but in watching Sawyer last year, he doesn't have it. The best players aren't overwhelmed by the moment regardless of the situation. This is magnified at the QB position. Like I said....I hope he is great and I eat these words.

jake102

Moose Stuff said:
Not buying into one day of spring practice.

La Rana Más Caliente said:
Some guys have it, some guys don't. I hope I'm wrong, but in watching Sawyer last year, he doesn't have it. The best players aren't overwhelmed by the moment regardless of the situation. This is magnified at the QB position. Like I said....I hope he is great and I eat these words.

Tough crowd

CountryFrog

Pretty small sample size for a freshman QB who had little time to prepare and was playing with lots of injured receivers to already be writing the kid off.

I also expect Hill to win the job but it's not because of 3 bad throws that Foster had one night in Norman. I just think Kenny is very talented and the experience he has gives him an edge. I'm not counting out Foster Sawyer though.

CountryFrog

Moose Stuff said:
Perhaps. I'm gonna base my judgement for now on Sawyer's game performance vs K Hill's game performance. It's not even remotely close.
Hill has definitely shown more in games. I think it's impossible for us to judge Sawyer based on how little he's actually played in games. If Kenny Hill was only being judged on his first half against Mississippi State (the way Sawyer is only being judged on his first half vs OU) he wouldn't look too great either.

I'm still expecting Hill to win the job, I just think it's a little quick to totally discount the other kid. I'm not saying that you are totally discounting Sawyer, but some people definitely are.

kidkarr

Showed great poise and leadership comin in that Kansas game. OU was a huge stage and he underperformed, still lots of time.

H

hiphopfroggy

2 of Foster's int in the OU game seem easily correctible. Dude's got major talent imo. 

McFroggin

hiphopfroggy said:
2 of Foster's int in the OU game seem easily correctible. Dude's got major talent imo. 
He certainly does, but he has a lot to learn about reading the defense. Still a project

A reasonably serene Coach P could signify somewhat positive implications. However, given his 

ardent pursuit for perfection...don't expect it to last very long.

CountryFrog

McFroggin said:
He certainly does, but he has a lot to learn about reading the defense. Still a project
You could say this about almost every freshman QB ever. Josh Rosen was regarded by most as the top freshman QB last year but even he had some insanely bad moments, like against BYU.

TX_Krötenechse

IMO Foster made a lot of the right reads but he threw the ball 300 yards in the air to hit a receiver 30 yards downfield. Too much hang time. Seems like something that is correctable though.