• The KillerFrogs

Southwest just cancelled 2/3rds of their flights Today

HFrog1999

Just a heads up that it looks like the trend is for SWA to restart all of its West Coast ops and bases through PHX & DEN. So nearly everything nonstop from Texas to PHX is flying. Most of the 1 stops are flying too.

Flying Music Video GIF

Casey T

Good luck to everyone still stuck! I managed to make it home last night on day 3 of trying after a 20 hour Tuesday effort. The most miserable travel experience I’ve ever had as someone who flies about 4 legs each month. We spent pre-Christmas with my wife’s family 1500 miles away and experienced SW cancel our original flight as we sat on the airplane and then 7 flights in a row back to our hometown, every rental car within a 150 mile radius booked, and every other flight on other airlines that landed within a 5 hr drive of home booked until Saturday. Even looked into renting a uhaul for the 23 hr drive back. Just a truly helpless feeling, literally stuck in the Midwest. I briefly considered the 39 hour grayhound bus trip as the southwest situation seemed to keep getting worse instead of better as Tuesday wore on.

But enough of the doom & gloom, time to prep for the Fiesta Bowl weekend! Go frogs!

NewFrogFan

Just spoke w someone at AA that has keys to all the doors in the operations side of the house. AA is fully aware SWA has fumbled virtually every snap for several days. No promises but additional sections are being looked at and in addition upgrading a/c size when and where they can.

Those that may remember Rose Bowl, AA did same kind of deal late in the game. Fingers crossed.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Just spoke w someone at AA that has keys to all the doors in the operations side of the house. AA is fully aware SWA has fumbled virtually every snap for several days. No promises but additional sections are being looked at and in addition upgrading a/c size when and where they can.
I typically bring a portable mini-fan on flights because they never seem to be cool enough. This is great news indeed!

bwnorx

This will eventually present an opportunity LUV stock but I’m thinking it could be another -10% or more by mid next year. This will result in a bad quarterly report and short term reputation. How much are they going to have to spend on this? I’m thinking a lot, not to mention potentially looking into new software and entire system overhaul.

SWA's DAL-PHX nonstop rocking and rolling. No issues or cancelations whatsoever. The flight in the air right now is actually supposed to get there 25 minutes early. Go Frogs.
Good for the hometown Frogs but WN cancelled 2509, or 62%, of flts today and 2348, or 58%, of flts tmmrw. Not so good odds for out of town Frogs or those connecting.

This will eventually present an opportunity LUV stock but I’m thinking it could be another -10% or more by mid next year. This will result in a bad quarterly report and short term reputation. How much are they going to have to spend on this? I’m thinking a lot, not to mention potentially looking into new software and entire system overhaul.
Yep. Add to the list possible corporate restructuring, the DOT's involvement and the power this just gave to the unions.

bwnorx

Are Michigan folk going to have flight status in jeopardy for any reasons other than SWA? Is it bad weather up there? I don’t know why I’m asking, it’s not like I wish their traveling fans anything bad. I’m more interested in the ticket market being affected at this point.

Latest posts