• The KillerFrogs

Sorry If This Has Already Been Posted

We both made mistakes
I know little about his leaving but it seems Schlossnagle had earned some slack and TCU could have encouraged and stood by him no matter the mistake or two he may have made. I thought he was TCU baseball and he certainly had established an elite illustrious track record to lure recruits and hopefully keep it rolling. He had national stature and character to be very proud of having at TCU. You don’t take that for granted. Correct me where I am wrong.

To assume you can keep TCU baseball at the College World Series level with another head coach is a huge gamble. Coach Schloss knows how to do it, I imagine detailed, and with the ambition and personal skills to get’r done. A complete package is needed to be the best; he had shown he had that, and coaching is his life.

And if he felt he needed a fancier ballpark, then try to make it happen on his timeline because his terrific success justifies it.

I hope Saarloos figures out all the tasks and has the work ethic to get the Frogs back to the World Series, but I would not bet on that because it is a rare get, and Big 12 baseball doesn’t have the allure for recruits like the SEC.

Last edited:

TooColdU

I know little about his leaving but it seems Schlossnagle had earned some slack and TCU could have encouraged and stood by him no matter the mistake or two he may have made. I thought he was TCU baseball and he certainly had established an elite illustrious track record to lure recruits and hopefully keep it rolling. He had national stature and character to be very proud of having at TCU. You don’t take that for granted. Correct me where I am wrong.

I believe the whole situation was a little too personal, community-wise, for Schloss. He got caught up in an embarrassing situation non-baseball related and wanted a change of scenery.

Unfortunate that he went to A&M, but was a good deal financially for him.

Mean Purple

I believe the whole situation was a little too personal, community-wise, for Schloss. He got caught up in an embarrassing situation non-baseball related and wanted a change of scenery.

Unfortunate that he went to A&M, but was a good deal financially for him.
I keep hearing about an embarrassing situation. what the heck is that about? as tough a schedule as coaching is, I'm guessing it is related to home life? hope not. don't wish that [ Finebaum ] on anybody.

A good and lengthy history article of Jim Schlossnagle—
On a Zoom call from his office at Olsen Field in January, Schlossnagle detailed his vision. Through the window past his right shoulder, his vision was beginning to take shape in the form of expanded third baseline seating, metal-framed bleachers in place of the grass berm. Schlossnagle understands the impossibility of renovating the ballpark in its entirety by tomorrow, but if there is anyone to try to build Rome in a day — maybe two — it’s him.

Good, bad or indifferent, creating a community and coaching baseball is not Schlossnagle’s job — it is his lifestyle. Schlossnagle spoke matter-of-factly about his life, unless in reference to baseball, community, family or his faith; he lives through these pillars.
….

Jim’s message is loud and clear:

“I just want an Aggie baseball game to be the greatest experience you can possibly have when you come on this campus.”

Last edited: