• The KillerFrogs

Sonny Speaks on Houston Sports Radio 610

Eight

Had the pleasure of listening to this while driving home this evening - not sure if this is the first time he’s talked to media or not, but I felt encouraged:

thanks, suspect he isn't going to hide from that game anymore than the hides from talking about his time at cal

more importantly, i do believe and the entire football staff are going to go back, review every aspect of the program they just started to install and ask whether or not they are do, providing , expecting what is needed to get back to that game again and see a different result

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Frogs looked like a Murray St. out there. The lack of preparation was absolutely grotesque.

At some point the anger will fade to the degree that I can listen to their excuses, but at this point we all just witnessed a complete and systematic annihilation brought on by superior preparation and discipline. Our brain trust had no idea what we would be running into, and it showed.

On the Biggest Stage in College Football, we couldn't get out of our own way and left an embarrassing stain that will never fade.

Putt4Purple

I thought that too for quick second. I think a big portion of our loss was our team was worn out, they were running on fumes before the first play against GA.
That was my thought. They looked confused and slow. It’s a learning process if TCU can continue the trajectory and continue to play in meaningful games. The experience helps. That’s a big IF. The big 12 is strong. The QB position transfers and the player portal will change things drastically from year to year. I feel the overall turmoil pertaining to players transfers and the upcoming expansion of the playoffs is a great thing. No guarantee. Go Frogs!

The Frogs looked like a Murray St. out there. The lack of preparation was absolutely grotesque.

At some point the anger will fade to the degree that I can listen to their excuses, but at this point we all just witnessed a complete and systematic annihilation brought on by superior preparation and discipline. Our brain trust had no idea what we would be running into, and it showed.

On the Biggest Stage in College Football, we couldn't get out of our own way and left an embarrassing stain that will never fade.
After listening to the Kirby Smart pregame audio (which I highly recommend everyone doing) it was apparent that our mindset was that of a Murray St.

Kirby literally wanted his players to rip our scheissing heads off and murder our unborn children.

Last edited:

Eight

After listening to the Kirby Smart pregame audio (which I highly recommend everyone doing) it was apparent that our mindset was that of a Murray St.

Kirby literally wanted his players to rip our scheissing heads off and murder our unborn children.

said before and will say it again in that the difference in preparation didn't start after the games on the 31st

the difference started the day after uga won their first title. every thing dealing with their program was set to achieve one goal and that was to win the 15th game of the 2022 season

their offseason, spring ball, summer training, fall camp, their season, their practice routines, everything was set to come to a head in game 15 period

smart's teams have played in a cfp title game 3 times which means they know the demands of navigating a 15-game season, the know the challenges of grinding through a regular season, playing in.a conference title game, playing a highly rated opponent 30-days later, AND playing another 10 days after for the title

the only player, coach, or support staff member who had seen that was back up nose ty mitchell

then consider all that sonny and his staff have had to do in 12-13 months time building a new culture from.the ground up instead of tweaking one that had gone 14-1 the year before in a program that has gone 73-10 over the last 6 seasons

uga is a freaking machine in all facets of the program and tcu was a year-1 renovation project that was much closer to a total overhaul than a matter of some simple refinements

the frogs expended a great deal of energy simply getting through the season and while those victories helped build confidence and resolve, but in the end it left this team and staff exposed going into game 15 with nothing left really to give to the game

sonny made mistakes no doubt, the game could have been closer, but no pregame speech or 9 days of prep w no other distractions was going to change that outcome, merely the margin

DelFrog

UGA was by far the superior team, both in talent and preparation, but the margin of victory was not really an accurate measure of the talent gap between the teams. We have all seen games when one teams plays lights out while their opponent can’t get out of their own way. That’s what happened vs UGA, the wheels came off early vs the best program in the nation and it just snowballed from there. TCU isn’t nearly as good as UGA, but they are hell of a lot better than they showed in that game. They couldn’t have performed as well as they did in beating Michigan if that wasn’t true, it was one bad performance, but certainly not indicative of the quality of this year’s TCU squad.

Showtime Joe 2.0

It's clear that the Frogs just weren't ready to face a more talented Georgia team that was out for blood. And that falls mostly on Sonny and his staff since they get paid the big bucks to prepare our team to play its best, no matter the circumstances.

With that being said, however, it wasn't the coaches that committed three atrocious turnovers in the first half that caused the floodgates to open.

In sum, there's no way that we were going to win that game but there's also no excuse for a beatdown to the tune of 65-7.

There's plenty of fault to be spread around but also lots of lessons to be learned. And I think Sonny is the kind of self-reflective and open-minded coach who will do just that. Unlike Patterson, he'll make the changes that need to be made and will never reach a point of stubborn intransigence and deflection that will cause him to view himself as "untouchable."

I'm firmly convinced that we've got the right coach and we're on the right track. The best is yet to come for Horned Frog Football so let's keep the faith and Go Frogs!

Eight

It's clear that the Frogs just weren't ready to face a more talented Georgia team that was out for blood. And that falls mostly on Sonny and his staff since they get paid the big bucks to prepare our team to play its best, no matter the circumstances.

With that being said, however, it wasn't the coaches that committed three atrocious turnovers in the first half that caused the floodgates to open.

In sum, there's no way that we were going to win that game but there's also no excuse for a beatdown to the tune of 65-7.

There's plenty of fault to be spread around but also lots of lessons to be learned. And I think Sonny is the kind of self-reflective and open-minded coach who will do just that. Unlike Patterson, he'll make the changes that need to be made and will never reach a point of stubborn intransigence and deflection that will cause him to view himself as "untouchable."

I'm firmly convinced that we've got the right coach and we're on the right track. The best is yet to come for Horned Frog Football so let's keep the faith and Go Frogs!

had a late friend who coached at midland lee on spike's staff

told us one time while sitting in the bier garten during the state track meet to not confuse the smiling, story telling laughing spike we saw there with head coach spike dykes and that the next morning meetings to watch film after a staff as a loss were brutal in their intensity and honesty

if we did something wrong then why? how did we come to the decisions we made? what changes need to be made?

the one thing you never did was present a problem wo a possible solution or say it couldn't be done

never met sonny, don't know how he operates with his staff, and i think some would make a mistake that what we see on carter boys is all there is on sonny

spike apparently did not like to dress down staff in view of the players or those outside the program, but he apparently was gifted in the ability to get his point across

if sonny is anything like his dad which i suspect he is, this process started on the 10th

Last edited:

tjcoffice

said before and will say it again in that the difference in preparation didn't start after the games on the 31st

the difference started the day after uga won their first title. every thing dealing with their program was set to achieve one goal and that was to win the 15th game of the 2022 season

their offseason, spring ball, summer training, fall camp, their season, their practice routines, everything was set to come to a head in game 15 period

smart's teams have played in a cfp title game 3 times which means they know the demands of navigating a 15-game season, the know the challenges of grinding through a regular season, playing in.a conference title game, playing a highly rated opponent 30-days later, AND playing another 10 days after for the title

the only player, coach, or support staff member who had seen that was back up nose ty mitchell

then consider all that sonny and his staff have had to do in 12-13 months time building a new culture from.the ground up instead of tweaking one that had gone 14-1 the year before in a program that has gone 73-10 over the last 6 seasons

uga is a freaking machine in all facets of the program and tcu was a year-1 renovation project that was much closer to a total overhaul than a matter of some simple refinements

the frogs expended a great deal of energy simply getting through the season and while those victories helped build confidence and resolve, but in the end it left this team and staff exposed going into game 15 with nothing left really to give to the game

sonny made mistakes no doubt, the game could have been closer, but no pregame speech or 9 days of prep w no other distractions was going to change that outcome, merely the margin
Great summary. Thanks for posting.

this is

That was truly articulated to perfection