• The KillerFrogs

Some new freshman walk-ons

ScottPatrick

CB Caleb Biggurs: 6-185 Bishop Dunne

TE Carter Ware 6-4/240 Liberty Hill, TX Originally committed to Midwestern St, also played DE, camped at TCU in July 2016

LB Blake Patterson 6-0/215 Logan, UT (name sounds familiar, eh....) all-district and had 76 tackles, 43 solo, 7 for a loss, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles.

TCUdirtbag

You can be certain Blake Patterson does not qualify for need-based aid, but his tuition is waived as the child of a university employee.

Walk ons have it rough. Tons of work and few perks - minimal travel and even if they're on some news based aid they get no frills. Remember a football scholarship is a full ride covering tuition, fees, room, board (or a stipend if off campus) plus the cost of living stipend. I'm not sure if they get access to athletics dining but I would assume so.

ScottPatrick

New walk-on kicker (not a freshman) who was recently at a camp. Originally enrolled at Ol'Miss and then Arkie but had a shoulder injury.

Brandon Ritchie 5-11/195 from Colleyvilee Covenant

ScottPatrick

WR Austin Ahrendt now added to the roster. If you remember he was a Preferred WO commit back in January out of Iowa Western, 6-3/210. Originally played for Dayton out of HS and at IOWCC last year had 243 yards receiving and 3 TDS.

Participated in the summer wok-outs.

HS

Last edited:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
New walk-on kicker (not a freshman) who was recently at a camp. Originally enrolled at Ol'Miss and then Arkie but had a shoulder injury.

Brandon Ritchie 5-11/195 from Colleyvilee Covenant

They were also taking a look at this guy in one of the recent camps. Already enrolled, already on campus, older brother just graduated.