• The KillerFrogs

So, let's do a little make believe with Deion.

One Frog Nation

While I realize he was not going to be hired last year, reading all these articles on how he has redone Colorado's roster. If he had been hired, with the frogs coming off a pooer season, how many of the players that took the team to NC game would he have run off? Duggan for sure, and there goes the heart of last year's team. While I don't think he would have done here what he did there, I think it still would have been close to 50% turnover. And there would have gone the 2023 season. Props to the TCU admin for not falling for the new shiny star.

Just thinking out load, or well with the keyboard.

I think he is a great recruiter and will build CU up to a really good team in another year or so, but I seriously doubt that CU is where Deion wants to build his coaching career, if he even is coaching in 5 years. I don't think it is his pine box job................... per Fran.

hometown frog

While I realize he was not going to be hired last year, reading all these articles on how he has redone Colorado's roster. If he had been hired, with the frogs coming off a pooer season, how many of the players that took the team to NC game would he have run off? Duggan for sure, and there goes the heart of last year's team. While I don't think he would have done here what he did there, I think it still would have been close to 50% turnover. And there would have gone the 2023 season. Props to the TCU admin for not falling for the new shiny star.

I think he is a great recruiter and will build CU up to a really good team in another year or so, but I seriously doubt that CU is where Deion wants to build his coaching career, if he even is coaching in 5 years. I don't think it is his pine box job................... per Fran.
If he came to TCU and not CU, the talent that would have followed him from the transfer portal would have been VASTLY better. So it’s really hard to compare the two situations even in a what if scenario.

our roster was in MUCH better shape last year compared to CUs this year. So I don’t believe he would have made such drastic roster changes here.

82 Frog Fever

If he came to TCU and not CU, the talent that would have followed him from the transfer portal would have been VASTLY better. So it’s really hard to compare the two situations even in a what if scenario.

our roster was in MUCH better shape last year compared to CUs this year. So I don’t believe he would have made such drastic roster changes here.
If you believe Deion’s QB would have been Max over Shed, you’re wrong.
That move alone would have cost 4 wins.

hometown frog

If you believe Deion’s QB would have been Max over Shed, you’re wrong.
That move alone would have cost 4 wins.
That wasn’t the question/thought in the OP tho. Roster turnover and who might have been run off. I dunno if Max or Chandler would have been run off or if Sam would have left either. Certainly expect that Shadeur would have been given the qb1 spot regardless. So 1 or 2 would have left If I had to guess. (Shadeurs handle on qb1 at CU is a much easier stance than it would have been here at TCU too.)

let’s also not forget that Chandler was qb1 until G2. So even Sonny “cost us 4 wins” by that logic. lots of things fell into place for us last year.

fun debate for sure to bide another 48 hours or so until real football happens.

Toad Jones

Think Deion really wants to coach in the pros, esp Dallas. People indicated to me, he really has calmed down immensely and slacked off the show boat routine. It'll come out somewhere, and here comes the dance. Holy Cow, some of the fans will celebrate and do a little dance too. Guess we as fans would enjoy that to some degree.

This where the cowboy hat comes into play and it's recognized history. Like 100% of us, we would tune into the game if TCU wasn't playing just to see Deion.

Last edited:

Eight

Think Deion really wants to coach in the pros, esp Dallas. People indicated to me, he really has calmed down immensely and slacked off the show boat routine. It'll come out somewhere, and here comes the dance. Holy Cow, some of the fans will celebrate and do a little dance too. Guess we as fans would enjoy that to some degree.

This where the cowboy hat comes into play and it's recognized history. Like 100% of us, we would tune into the game if TCU wasn't playing just to see Deion.

slacked off on the showboat? huh, you miss his press conference?

his coming to tcu is not a nice day dream, but a nightmare

Sangria Wine

We had a chemistry and motivation issue not a player talent issue. The Colorado football team was loaded with kids nobody else wanted who largely were not very great at football relative to D1 level competition. Slight difference in situation. I don’t know why so much Deion hate around here.

Sangria Wine

How many of the CU players that left are out of college football?
Last article I saw seemed to indicate that 1 or 2 players ended up at truly major programs (Florida State & UCLA?) and the rest either went away all together, landed at lower classification schools and/or lower tier D1 (Towson, Nevada, Etc). Seems there should have been 10 players out of 40+ that would have been landing at big programs but don’t think that happened.

Froglaw

Not me. I detest that crapsack, and would actively avoid anything featuring his act.

It sickens and annoys me that he is hauling his nonsense into ACS, but, there it is.

I used to watch him closely during Cowboy games in the old Stadium.

Neon Deon refused to take a hit. He’d horse collar you or duck down into a fetal position in hopes the runner would trip over his body, but he would not lower a shoulder and make a tackle.

Not a good example of the Frog factor in my opinion.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I used to watch him closely during Cowboy games in the old Stadium.

Neon Deon refused to take a hit. He’d horse collar you or duck down into a fetal position in hopes the runner would trip over his body, but he would not lower a shoulder and make a tackle.

Not a good example of the Frog factor in my opinion.
He is all an act. A grift. He is adored by the worthless Media because he's "colorful" and because he is polarizing. Like was once said of Notre Dame: "People tune in to see them win, and others tune in to hope they lose." I would rather not see the repulsive fool, but, the Media is always finding Freak Show rejects they elevate and parade around as People To Be Admired, and laugh at the criticism they get. All attention is good attention to the Media...

hometown frog

He is all an act. A grift. He is adored by the worthless Media because he's "colorful" and because he is polarizing. Like was once said of Notre Dame: "People tune in to see them win, and others tune in to hope they lose." I would rather not see the repulsive fool, but, the Media is always finding Freak Show rejects they elevate and parade around as People To Be Admired, and laugh at the criticism they get. All attention is good attention to the Media...
Tell me you’ve never met Deion without telling me you’ve never met Deion. Question if he can be successful at the D1 level. Question if he has wondering eyes to the next “big” gig. Question if he wants to college or get to the nfl as a coach. All valid questions that honestly none of us know the answers to. But at this point I don’t think anyone can question his honest passion and desire to help the kids on his roster that are committed To the program.

he’s had his flashy history and the swag side of his personality can certainly rub folks the wrong way. But those that know his programs and the man himself disagree w your assessment of his character. (And your use of quotes around the word “colorful” carries a ton of weight in this I suspect…. Which is extremely unfortunate.)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Tell me you’ve never met Deion without telling me you’ve never met Deion. Question if he can be successful at the D1 level. Question if he has wondering eyes to the next “big” gig. Question if he wants to college or get to the nfl as a coach. All valid questions that honestly none of us know the answers to. But at this point I don’t think anyone can question his honest passion and desire to help the kids on his roster that are committed To the program.

he’s had his flashy history and the swag side of his personality can certainly rub folks the wrong way. But those that know his programs and the man himself disagree w your assessment of his character. (And your use of quotes around the word “colorful” carries a ton of weight in this I suspect…. Which is extremely unfortunate.)
Ah. Call me a racist. That's a great argument. Better work in anti-Semite before I have more coffee...

Time will reveal all, and what has transpired already doesn't make him look terribly good. All that swagger and bluster are the polar opposite of character, and this seems to be what he is instilling above all else. The other thing to remember is that fellows who were gifted athletes tend to make lousy coaches, in that their abilities allowed them to perform at a level that it took lesser mortals lots of gym time to get to. It's the grinders that tend to make the good coaches, because they stress the fundamentals and self-sacrifice needed to achieve.

hometown frog

Ah. Call me a racist. That's a great argument. Better work in anti-Semite before I have more coffee...

Time will reveal all, and what has transpired already doesn't make him look terribly good. All that swagger and bluster are the polar opposite of character, and this seems to be what he is instilling above all else. The other thing to remember is that fellows who were gifted athletes tend to make lousy coaches, in that their abilities allowed them to perform at a level that it took lesser mortals lots of gym time to get to. It's the grinders that tend to make the good coaches, because they stress the fundamentals and self-sacrifice needed to achieve.
I didn’t call you a racist my guy. I don’t know you. But you brought “color” into the thread for whatever purpose. I just raised that point in my reply.

i agree with you that highly talented players often make terrible coaches. (My best example is the MLB Network’s video of Mike Trout and Alex Rodriguez talking about pregame batting cage sessions. Two of the best to ever step in the box and neither one of them could explain the what and why of what they were doing in a series of hitting progressions.) so he certainly gets no automatic passes as to his ability to coach the game for me. I based that upon seeing him up close for a few years and from conversations with others that have been on his direct coaching staffs over the years. Dude can flat out motivate players and help them see something greater than they think they are worth as individuals. A ton of coaches in the industry would kill to have that gift that Deion has.

Swagger isnt the opposite of character either btw. Just because somebody has a bit of juice to them when they walk and talk has nothing to do with if you have character or not. Can you be trustworthy? Are you genuinely concerned for those around you and making their situations better. Do you provide to community to which you belong. Those define character for me.

Latest posts