• The KillerFrogs

So it looks like BYU, Cal and Lamar?

TAINTed frog

[quote name='GP's Step-Son' timestamp='1296179366' post='764077']
IF this ends up being the finishing touches to our 2011 schedule, put me in the "extremely happy" side of things. CDC, what a great job you did with little to no time to put this together and salvage a bad situation.
[/quote]

I agree with you Step-Son, would be great to AT least get Cal on the schedule. I would much rather have them than BYU. By the way, being stuck out in Lamesa I get to listen to your home town radio station Double-T 104.3, those sand aggies on the radio make me puke when they "talk up" how great everything TT is.

Tailgate party in your front yard, then? Also, may I crash at your house please?

Yes and Yes! I also have a big couch that can sleep two and a couch in the garage. And there's room in the overhead storage in the garage. And a backyard for tents. And a storage shed out back. Hell, I can kick out my Italian neighbors, too, if I have to.

TCUdirtbag

Tech and Cal are on the same level (nationally); regionally, Tech would've looked better on our schedule. BYU will get more respect being out of the MWC, mostly because of their deal with ESPN. If we get both of those, chalk me up as impressed. I hate the Lamar idea, I'd much rather play TX State, but whatever...Lamar, Tennessee Tech, SFA, it's all the same.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I say our donors should throw some money at UGA and get them to back out of their game against Boise St. and let us play them at the Georgia Dome.

Oil money>Potato money

halfwaytoheaven

One FCS is usually as good as another for scheduling purposes, but Fran being at Texas State gives it a little bit of interest. If we have to play one every year, I'd like to see us schedule Northwestern State. Unfinished business, right there.

If we end up with Lamar, Cal and BYU, I'll feel pretty good about it. I like playing some ACC team in Charlotte as well. If attendance blows, it ain't our fault.

tcujsauce

Yes and Yes! I also have a big couch that can sleep two and a couch in the garage. And there's room in the overhead storage in the garage. And a backyard for tents. And a storage shed out back. Hell, I can kick out my Italian neighbors, too, if I have to.

Dibbs on the garage couch!

fanatical frog

Mrs Nice Frog and I rented a convertible and spent a week driving thru Napa, Sonoma, and up to the redwoods.
One of our favorite trips ever.

We made that run back in 2000 but also went down to Monterrey Bay/ Carmel.....that was one of our favorite trips ever....if you liked Napa, etc you'll love Carmel.

fanatical frog

BYU and Cal would get our schedule back to about the level of difficulty we had last year so it avoids the disaster that appeared to be looming. We should invite CDC and Mr. Hesselbrock to the next killer frogs luncheon and acknowledge them in an appropriate manner.

I still want to see TCU play Cal on the Cal campus....I hope we can work out a series of OOC games with both Cal and BYU in the future. The BYU trips have been some of the best we've made.....inexpensive airfare, inexpensive lodging right across the street from the stadium; there's a Chili's sharing a roof with the Courtyard by the stadium, spectacular scenery and hospitable fans....big time CFB atmosphere, great stuff.

oldscribe

Isn't this forum the only place that a possible Cal game has been mentioned? I still think we might play Kansas, though Cal would be preferable. And we just have to cross our fingers and hope there aren't TWO FCS opponents.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
After reading @FollowTheFrogs on Twitter, he's saying BYU at Cowboys Stadium and "another big name team at a neutral site, but not Cowboys Stadium". That's got to mean Cal at AT&T Park, right?

So BYU (kind of at home), Cal (great stadium, bad field for football), and Lamar (as the cupcake). I can live with that.

Of course, @FollowTheFrogs was wrong about Texas State, so...grain of salt.

Could mean Cal at Candlestick, but probably not AT&T.

Or it could mean Oregon somewhere. They've got an open slot.

GP's Step-Son

I agree with you Step-Son, would be great to AT least get Cal on the schedule. I would much rather have them than BYU. By the way, being stuck out in Lamesa I get to listen to your home town radio station Double-T 104.3, those sand aggies on the radio make me puke when they "talk up" how great everything TT is.

Lucky you in regards to both Lamesa and 104.3, nothing like Red Raider fans.... beautiful part of the country you're in, enjoy yourself.

gdu

Isn't this forum the only place that a possible Cal game has been mentioned? I still think we might play Kansas, though Cal would be preferable. And we just have to cross our fingers and hope there aren't TWO FCS opponents.
Yes. I'd be ok with Kansas too, but when was the last time they played a quality ooc opponent? GT last year I guess, but did the new coach schedule that? Unlikely.

2314@work

Contributor
Yes. I'd be ok with Kansas too, but when was the last time they played a quality ooc opponent? GT last year I guess, but did the new coach schedule that? Unlikely.

Something you Austinites probably don't know is a Fort Worth native - Turner Gill - is KU's head coach. He would probably love a Homecoming. Would be a great storyline.

HoustonHornedFrog

The Mrs. and i just had our first Napa trip. Now that we are past the $40 cover and $15 well at the "hot" Vegas night club phase of our life, Napa is the new 2-night destination.

If you like the wine country, next time you are out that way try the Sonoma valley instead. Smaller vineyards where you can get a much more personal attention and superior wines with less of a crowd.

Could mean Cal at Candlestick, but probably not AT&T.

They are already playing Fresno State at Candlestick. The rest of their schedule says AT&T. I doubt they will move another game. Unless the Giants go deep in the Playoffs and don't want the field to get beat up. But I'm sure that was understood by the Giants when they said yes to this idea.

Riff Ram

If you like the wine country, next time you are out that way try the Sonoma valley instead. Smaller vineyards where you can get a much more personal attention and superior wines with less of a crowd.

And in Sonoma, it's the vinyards of the Russian River Valley that are the picks: the beauty, the quality of wines, and the properties themselves. We lived in SF 5 years, and found these to be the ones to spend time in, and the ones to buy as well.

Latest posts