• The KillerFrogs

Since chef Tim Love is TCU related ....

Hunt Together

cdsfrog said:
Adequate might be a stretch but that's not at least saying better than the top beers.

For me on a hot long day, I think adequate is correct. Like any beer, the more you drink the more adequate it tastes. However, Taco Bell is adequate to some but they sure as hell don't make the best burritos
A stretch is you telling me how something tastes when it flows from a brown glass bottle into my gullet.

cdsfrog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
Insane? Really? That someone somewhere thinks the 3rd highest grossing beer in the United States tastes good? OK.
Yeah just like snow beer in China. Doesn't mean it's good because it sells well. It's cheap and available everywhere

DeuceBoogieNights

Personally, I don't see how a person could not like craft beer. Its like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc... but better and higher alcohol %. More power to you though. Drink what you like. I think coffee is terrible but there are a ton of people who enjoy it.

cdsfrog

TCU J-Sauce said:
cds, you're coming across as an arrogant beer doosh, bro.
Like I said, in general it's adequate. Comparing to a different class of beers is where my opinion differs. I'll leave it there, to each their own.

Hunt Together

cdsfrog said:
Like I said, in general it's adequate. Comparing to a different class of beers is where my opinion differs. I'll leave it there, to each their own.
Our opinions also differ in that I don't think the terms "adequate" and "goat urine" are synonymous.

Boomhauer

Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

cdsfrog

DeuceBoogieNights said:
Personally, I don't see how a person could not like craft beer. Its like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc... but better and higher alcohol %. More power to you though. Drink what you like. I think coffee is terrible but there are a ton of people who enjoy it.
That's a good point. I drink horrible coffee but it's free at work. Gets the job done like all beer (except alcohol free)

here's an angle we haven't discussed... Tailgating & Beer

drinking craft beer at a tailgate seems un-American. 

craft beer makes me tired and boring.  I drink an ice cold American lager with a Marlboro light in my hand and something just sparks and says "I'm here to have a kick arse time and go watch my team kick arse"

you throw washers or cornhole with one hand and a beer in the other.  you play beer pong.  you toss the pigskin even. 

craft beer you sit around in your chair and talk and make sure to switch to your Duvel glass when pouring that Duvel?

cdsfrog

TronCarter said:
Let the record show that Tron does not discriminate in choosing which beer to party with.
I may not think it tastes better but I drink what is available. It's it free I shut up and say thank u.

cdsfrog

ArgyleFrog2010 said:

craft beer makes me tired and boring.  I drink an ice cold American lager with a Marlboro light in my hand and something just sparks and says "I'm here to have a kick arse time and go watch my team kick arse"

you throw washers or cornhole with one hand and a beer in the other.  you play beer pong.  you toss the pigskin even. 

craft beer you sit around in your chair and talk and make sure to switch to your Duvel glass when pouring that Duvel?
I drink neither tailgating if I buy quantity beer. Typically modelo especial

frogs9497

ArgyleFrog2010 said:

Hmmm... Chimay and Duvel always show up at our tailgates to kick my arse.

ftwfrog

For a few games last year I drank craft beer at tailgates. It tasted great!! Awesome experience.
Of course I boat my pants and forgot who I was for a half hour.

frognutz

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I don't give two Darns what's impressive. Is it possible for a human being to think Miller Lite tastes good?
Miller Lite tastes damn good and it is my go to.

However, my beer palate was established by whatever canned domestic I could squirrel away from returned golf carts while parking and charging them after corporate golf tournaments.

Said beer would then be stored in my parent's Houston attic for an undetermined amount of time.

If not exploded, said beer would be them cooled to a "not burn your mouth" temperature and consumed with friends.

FrogsMcGee

I drink Miller Lite when I'm tailgating or otherwise out in the sun.  At bars/happy hours here I generally go with some sort of IPA, but I do mix it up quite a bit.  Can completely understand both perspectives.  Carry on.