• The KillerFrogs

Sell out this weekend?

fwfrog

A $10 per ticket increase would keep TCU whole versus the old price at a sold out prior capacity. And any contribution requirements won't kick in until the stadium is completed in 2012.

You mean when half a stadium is completed in 2012. The palace and the ghetto. :wink:

gdu

Somebody can correct me, but I don't think the club or premium seats will be completed until the 2012 season. The construction will not be completed by next season, thus all the displacement. Not sure, but I think 2011 is pretty much a transition year with 2012 the year all the club seats and premium seats are available.
The seats that will be the "club" and (many of the) "premium" seats will be there, but the club itself will not.

dweller

I see,. So now you say "I never said ....". No, you didn't have to. You discounted what the ticket person said as if he/she was making something up. It actually made you mad that the ticket person suggested their could be a sellout. Just like it made you mad when TCU officials suggested there could be as many as 50,000 at the Cowboy's classic. I guess part of the problem is they didn't consult with you first.
Why argue with GDU? He can personaly extend the most mundane thread into a 30 page classic. He's the kid on the playground saying "in not" long after all teh other kids have left. He thinks last word wins the arguement. :tongue:

dweller

They should put you on the payroll, after reading your post I almost ordered season tickets and I can't make it to more than 2 or 3 games a year. I do agree that next year should be a sellout every game. But 25,000 season tickets, if I were a betting man I'd take the under.

Curious about you comment that the "contribution requirements won't kick in until the stadium is complete in 2012. I didn't go to any of the town hall meetings but it would be shocking if the contributions requirements for the club seats didn't go into effect from day one. Anyone else have any insight on that?
Someone asked if they could go ahead and buy their club seats next year (2011), CDC said they were not planning on selling club seats next season becuase the club would not be available. I got the feeling that those seats would prbably be at a premium, and available based on points, but not gaurantee the seats for the 2012 season when club pricing went into effect.